• Taurus PT-92 vs Taurus PT-1911

• Total voters

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    This one is for the people who are frugal, i.e. cheap.
    quite a few of you do not like Taurus, but will agree that these two are the best weapons made by them. some would say it is because they are not original taurus designs. but they do offer a cheap alternative to the higher end pistols. plus either a round 2 battle between m9 vs pt92 or m1911 vs pt1911 would be very interesting.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Another poll without a real question being asked? Clarify man, clarify!

What do you want to know? Peoples preference? Reliablility? What model was a better knock off of someone else's design?

I've owned two taurus revolvers that both had problems. That pretty much ruined taurus guns for me. I can't pick one up and get the sense of confidence I need to overcome my experience.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Another poll without a real question being asked? Clarify man, clarify!

What do you want to know? Peoples preference? Reliablility? What model was a better knock off of someone else's design?

I've owned two taurus revolvers that both had problems. That pretty much ruined taurus guns for me. I can't pick one up and get the sense of confidence I need to overcome my experience.
    pick one. which ever one you like more than the other.
    sounds easy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I picked the 92, as I have a 99 that is about 20 years old and is a very good gun. If I were looking at 1911's there would be many others before the Taurus I would look at in the same price range. If I were looking for a Beretta type, full size, all metal 9 MM, in that price range, the 92 or 99 would probably still be near the top of the list.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I picked the 92, as I have a 99 that is about 20 years old and is a very good gun. If I were looking at 1911's there would be many others before the Taurus I would look at in the same price range. If I were looking for a Beretta type, full size, all metal 9 MM, in that price range, the 92 or 99 would probably still be near the top of the list.
    i had a pt-92 myself, and i did enjoy the fact you get good quality, for a lot less than beretta charges.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've actually heard a lot of good about both of these Taurus models, but I think as far as they're priced compared to what's out there in the market you'll get more for your money with a taurus 1911 compared to it's competitors than a 99 compared to the 92fs. I haven't owned either though.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I vote PT92. PSS made me a good deal on one almost 2 years ago.Great shooter-fits me to a "T". High quality at a great price. Now saving for the 1911...:)

Top Bottom