• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Got a coworker into big bores asking me to find any info I can on the 28ga. Taurus...

Everything I can find is from 2011 right after the SHOT show, mainly if it'll ever be approved as a non-NFA item and when...

I saw somewhere (forget where) that they had been in discussion with the ATF and sere making some changes to get approved...

Anyone have any details? Links? He's really interested in when, and MSRP...

I can't understand how they can avoid NFA classification, if its smoothbore, its a shotgun, and be a SBS, if rifled, a 28ga. bore is .55 and it'd be a DD, because I can't see a sporting exemption, but its possible...

Anyone know anything more?

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Barrel diameter over .5 inches. No go.

I know normally that's the case, but had read some speculation that they could either apply for a sporting exemption (such as the big bore .577 T-Rex and others over .500), or choke the barrel down at the end (but would negate being able to use slugs I'd assume).

So it's 100% definitely positively dead and will never be available in the US? (Trying to get definitive info to pass along)

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Never buy a Tauras it will always let you down in the end

The several hundred thousand people who own Judges and the various Raging series Tauri would probably like to disagree with you. Older Tauri autos were hit and miss in the past, but many of the QC issues have improved greatly.

Lighten up. :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    From 2007 to 2009 I saw a lot of Taurus QC issues (metallurgy, design, machining).

I'd probably see more, if I looked at newer ones.

Won't even touch one now :)

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I know they DO have QC issues....but I own 4 right now, and I've owned 7 or 8 total, and they've all been fine. Would I trust one right out of the box? No; but then again, I wouldn't trust any gun right out of the box. With a break-in and testing period, I've had no problem trusting any of mine.

I'd prefer other models most of the time, but I have no issues picking up a Taurus if its a good deal.

To each his own. :)

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Tauras, Tauras, your talking about a Tauras.

Are you stalking me? You pop up in every thread I go into....

No matter how many puppies or how much candy you have, I'm not getting in the van. :):

EDIT: They removed his original post, and now it looks like I'm talking to myself....I protest this eerily accurate online portrayal of myself!

That being said, several people after me have been basing posts off of my reply, so I'm leaving it intact for their sake. :)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    i doubt its a prius
    vzh2sm.jpg

Top Bottom