• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Taurus is recalling early Taurus Curves because those barrels were not stamped with the caliber. This is not a safety issue per se.

Details are here. Taurus Recalls Curve For Unstamped Barrels - The Truth About Guns

cqPjm1F.jpg

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    They don't. If you read the article, they actually want you to send in the barrel.

Right from Taurus website
    " We are requesting that these firearms are returned to us for proper marking. There are no quality or safety issues with these firearms and the marking error has been corrected. We are currently producing and shipping Curves to meet the significant demand.We will send your specific firearm with the proper marking back to you quickly upon receipt"

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I can't help but think somebody out on the line would catch this and ask questions. BUT, I can also see that happening and picture 2 people, worker bee and drone boss having the discussion. Drone boss sez "just do your job". Worker bee shrugs and goes back to ker-chunking out barrels, without the usual markings.

Later, the big corporate investigation takes place- how much did anyone know and when did they know it? Operations guys look at their shoes, big cheese bosses want answers, middle management minions are all a-twitter. Seen it happen. Guy on the line will probably get written up. His drone boss will be trying to get as far away from the problem as possible.

Yes, corporate America (or more likely Brazil) this is how we roll!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Right from Taurus website
    " We are requesting that these firearms are returned to us for proper marking. There are no quality or safety issues with these firearms and the marking error has been corrected. We are currently producing and shipping Curves to meet the significant demand.We will send your specific firearm with the proper marking back to you quickly upon receipt"

You are correct. I thought I had read otherwise.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I mean, most of these people probably needed to send them in already to fix the inevitable toreass problems, so why not kill two birds with one stone?

IB Taurus Apologists.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom