• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've carried a PT745 daily for a little over 3 years now, and love it! I pocket carry, so it gets plenty of dust and dirt on it, and the edges of the rear sight have worn a little, but it has never failed. I've put at least 3000 rounds through it, without a problem.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I used to recommend Taurus when all I heard was praise for the CS. That is no longer the case. Taurus seems to have somewhat spotty QC and build quality, used to be people would post about how Taurus CS took care of them and made everything right. These days I hear quite a few really bad horror stories about there terrible CS. Not worth the gamble IMO. You can usually find a better choice without a huge jump in price IMO. There stuff just seems more recreational than industrial.

nineball481

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Two of my close friends own 24/7s and I have shot them both. They are fans of the gun and they have never failed. That being said, I myself and one of the two, carry the millennium. The second friend varies between 24/7, millennium, & revolver for carry weapons. Reason being is that the millennium, in my opinion, is easier to conceal and carry.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    If you look at the "worst new gun" thread, I'll think you'll get a strong idea what people think of Taurus.

YMMV

flintman50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NW Indiana - lake Co
    IMO - if it's for concelament, consider a SIG 238 .380...it will smoke any small 9's WHY....simply put: you can cut a smiley face on a 9" paper plate at 25 feet ....read the reviews then try it

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have had a few in the past (including a pair of 24/7s) and never had any problems with any of them. That being said, I would spend a few extra $$ on a Ruger before going Taurus again.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a couple of PT 1911s that run fine, from what I have read the revolvers have had the biggest problem with timing issues, etc. I also have an older Tracker.22 revolver that I bought from another member that shoot fine.

Dave

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Can't say too much cause I don't own any, but did notice at the last gun shop I was at that the Taurus didn't seem to have the fit and finish of the Rugers and were near the same price.

Top Bottom