• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Ok, so my tax return should be pretty good. I've been claiming single all year and in 2011 I got married and had my first born... That said, it's already burning a hole in my pocket. I already have 2 pistols in 9mm and 1 in .45auto. Trying to stick to the same calibers so I'd like another .45 (not a 1911) to even things out.

Not trying to bash the 1911 at all. It's a beautiful gun and the history behind it is icing on the cake. I've shot my dad's Springfield 1911 and it just feels a little small in my large hands. I need something with a much wider stance on it. Currently I have a Springfield XD in .45auto and I love everything about it.

Not looking for the tactical model but wondering what your guys and gals thoughts are. Open to suggestions, but a few parameters include a price under $700, at LEAST 12 rounds of .45auto, and not a glock (but that's obvious, right?).

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    CE6584BA.jpg

Do it. You will not regret it one bit. I adore my FNP45 and highly recommend it. I bought mine for just over $600 brand new with 3 14rd. magazines. I've put over 500 rounds through it from standard FMJ to HP's of multiple varieties and have not had a single malfunction. It is very accurate. The recoil is very controlable. I can get multiple hits on target quickly. The only downside to a FNP is holster options. There are not too many out there right now. (At least molded holsters....especially for left handers). Most now come with a holster and mag holder but I wasn't so fortunate. I had a holster made by Bladetech and it is fantastic. The FNP is a little bulky so deep concealment may be iffy. I carry it just fine, but I'm not too concerned about concealment. When I go to bed it rests comfortably in the night stand with a streamlight TLR2.

P.S. I own a Springfield 1911 and love it as well, but the FNP45 is my go to gun in any situation.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I was looking at getting an FNP 45 myself. My uncle owns an HK USP 45 Tactical and his brother has the FNP 45 Tactical. I have to say that the HK performed much better than the FN. The USP 45 (non tactical) is about the same price as the FNP 45. After shooting both I prefer the HK. The grip is outstanding, balance is good, recoil for a .45 is very mild and easily controllable.

The FN probably would have suited me better if it had a rubber grip and could have possibly made the recoil more manageable for quicker follow up shots, but the accuracty still couldn't compare to the HK.

IMO, consider an HK USP 45. Take a hold of both if possible since they are in the same price range and see which you like better. I might also add that my uncle is pushing the 3,000 round mark on his HK without a cleaning and it has no problem feeding reliably and is still as accurate as it was when he first got it. FN makes a great firearm and the FNP 45 is a wonderful weapon. It does come with more than the HK will. The FN will come with 3 magazines and parts/accessories are most likely cheaper than the HK. I believe the case the FN comes in is even slotted out for an optic which might be nice down the road if you decide to put one on it. HK mags/parts/accessories are expensive and hard to come by unless you buy online. So there's a plus to both sides but for shooting purposes I believe the HK outperforms the FN hands down.

Just my $0.02.

Top Bottom