• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Another thing, it isn't illegal to carry a firearm on a university campus in Indiana. However, it is against the rules and policies on nearly all Indiana campuses. As an example, my daughter attends Ball State. It very clearly states it is against their rules to carry on any university property. This applies to staff, students and visitors. I'm not going to say if I follow their rules when I'm on university property, though.

pillsbury1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Another thing, it isn't illegal to carry a firearm on a university campus in Indiana. However, it is against the rules and policies on nearly all Indiana campuses. As an example, my daughter attends Ball State. It very clearly states it is against their rules to carry on any university property. This applies to staff, students and visitors. I'm not going to say if I follow their rules when I'm on university property, though.

I always carry concealed on campus, I refuse to be the guy going "Damn, if I had only brought my gun I could've stopped him!"

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I always carry concealed on campus, I refuse to be the guy going "Damn, if I had only brought my gun I could've stopped him!"

I wish I could say I was so bold, but I've got a scholarship I wouldn't want to lose if I were made. Although, I do carry a pocketknife with me and IPFW's policy prohibits "weapons", so I'm already technically breaking policy. While I would support such legislation here, I also realize that it is technically infringing the rights of the property owners to force them to allow weapons.

IMHO, universities that receive government money and should not be allowed to restrict the rights of their students the same way that private property owners do.
    To be consistent, they should also ban free speech on campus. After all, it is their private property so they have the right to do so.

Top Bottom