• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Today was the perfect day to go shooting. I was shooting at my family property in NE Indiana today with my 9yr old son. We had a great time and made some great memories.

But the thing that I loved to hear was the other people to both the east and to the west who were also shooting. And the people to the east were having some real fun because you could hear the explosive targets going off on occasion.

Gotta love the sound of Liberty & Freedom!

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Our family contributed to this today. Loaded the truck and hit the family farm for a afternoon of shooting together. Brings a smile to your face seeing new shooters use what you taught them last fall. Sadly though, we where the only shooters we heard today.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Unfortunately I don't have a property that I can shoot on, so I had to console myself by going to the range yesterday (BGF). There were plenty of people enjoying the sound of freedom with me there :D

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I was also partaking in that fun yesterday after I got off from work. I don't know if anybody heard me though since I was trying out my new suppressor on my 300 BLK build.

DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    I too went and let the sound Liberty and Freedom Ring. Went out to my brothers farm and marked off some new distances and ran about 40 rounds of 5.56 thru my new RRA AR and did some rough in sighting on the new Vortex scope I got from Allen @ AA Optics. I heard other shooting to the west of my location. Good to be able to get outdoors and move the dirt around behind the target and bash the steel a few times.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I was also partaking in that fun yesterday after I got off from work. I don't know if anybody heard me though since I was trying out my new suppressor on my 300 BLK build.

Is your 300 BLK a SBR as well? Sorry I couldn't remember. What suppressor and how did you like it?

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Is your 300 BLK a SBR as well? Sorry I couldn't remember. What suppressor and how did you like it?

Nope. 16" barrel. Just got my stamp back last Wednesday for my HTA Kestrel 308. It sounds like a pellet gun. You can hear the brass hit the ground and the bullet hitting the dirt mound behind my target. It was great not having to wear hearing protection.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I know. Suppressors should be the easiest thing to buy as they're safety devices. I've never had the chance to try mine ( Thompson Machine "Thirty") on a long barrel. I run it on a 8" and love it.

Top Bottom