• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    Before purchasing a thermal scanner/scope, I was curious if there was a recommended warm up time on thermals. My primary use would be a nightly property scan. So start up the unit, 1 minute scan, then off. Any issue with that? I don't have a user manual to check, but I never hear any reviews talk about it. Thanks for any info

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Before purchasing a thermal scanner/scope, I was curious if there was a recommended warm up time on thermals. My primary use would be a nightly property scan. So start up the unit, 1 minute scan, then off. Any issue with that? I don't have a user manual to check, but I never hear any reviews talk about it. Thanks for any info
    Mine takes about 15 seconds to fire up. If your unit uses replaceable batteries like CR123's it shouldn't be a problem. Rechargeable batteries, I wouldn't put on the charger until they run down to about 40%.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Bering thermals (others aswell i would assume) have a "standby mode" that would probably be what you want to use.

You will have no issues powering down, and back up, but it's a lot of wasted time.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    My AGM StingIR turns on in 6-7 sec. and powers off in 3-4 sec. It would probably work for want you want really small and light like 8oz it's also helmet mountable. Takes a single 123a or a 18650 around 3hrs runtime on a 123a and 5hrs on a 18650.

gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks for the replys. Im in pretty open cornfield so scanning doesn't take long. I was concerned about causing any damage by short cycling them. Good info and thanks again

Top Bottom