• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    The family and I are going to Daniel Boone national forest in June. We're going to leave home on a friday and stay until Tuesday what are the best things to do and see in those 5 days. Our youngest will be about a year and a half our middle child is 3 and our oldest is 7 so that may limit some things. Wife and I only stopped at Cumberland falls for about an hour so we didn't see or do much else when we were down that way. Looking online is like drinking out of a firehose there's so much to see and do.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I've been all over Red River Gorge, and it has some really cool sandstone arches and other scenery. There are a few spots that you could do some light hiking with little kids and check out the arches.

Also, the Big South Fork Railway in Stearns is cool. You can ride the train to a historic coal mining camp. Kids might like the train.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Natural Bridge state park is nice. A lot of cool hiking. Hold on to your kids across the bridge though. Does have a lift if you prefer to ride.
    Miguel's Pizza is a fun lunch/dinner place. A lot of climbing hippies to people watch.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Natural Bridge state park is nice. A lot of cool hiking. Hold on to your kids across the bridge though. Does have a lift if you prefer to ride.
    Miguel's Pizza is a fun lunch/dinner place. A lot of climbing hippies to people watch.
    And if you go October 21 of this year, you can also watch base jumpers go off the bridge.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Swift Camp Creek hike in RRG is fun and would let the kids play in the creek. Plus 1 for Miguel's.....pizza for the kids and hippie chicks in spandex pants for dad.

Dirty Steve

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Lots of hiking to do, but not really much else. My family loves it there, but I know when my son was younger I had a death grip on his hand on a lot of the trails. Lots of beautiful views = lots of places for a kid to fall. If your family loves hiking like mine you will enjoy it.

Top Bottom