• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • new_guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Here is my Jarvis barrel I got to go with my Glock 19 that's going to be mated with either a Ti-rant or Osprey. Haven't decided on with suppressor to purchase yet. Any one care to persade me to which one to get? :rockwoot:

d7c6a866.jpg

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I like the Ti-Rant over the Osprey, the tone sounds better to me, and the first round pop is a tad louder to my ear on the Osprey. I like that if you want to screw the can from host weapon to host weapon between shooting it is easy to do with the TiRant the whole adjusting the cam lever to line up the non-round can with it very hot is a pain. Both are good choices though, but with owning and abusing both of the two silencers for a while now I would lean toward the AAC if I could only have one. But that's me. ;)

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    A 3rd option. A Gemtec Multimount (or the Thompson Isis). Will work on a hell of a lot of guns due to its mutli-mount system :P

Of yours I suggest the Osprey. Mine works amazingly well.

lordt313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Bonita Springs, FL
    I have a Tirant in process right now and wish I had gotten the osprey. While the tirant is quieter by a few decibels I really like the fact the Osprey's serial number and markings are way far back on the can so if you get a baffle strike replacement is much easier and you probably wont need another transfer.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have a Tirant in process right now and wish I had gotten the osprey. While the tirant is quieter by a few decibels I really like the fact the Osprey's serial number and markings are way far back on the can so if you get a baffle strike replacement is much easier and you probably wont need another transfer.

The newer TiRant's are all user-serviceable and as such, come apart VERY easily. If you had a baffle strike, or an EVERY baffle strike, you wouldn't need a new can. AAC can replace the damaged baffles in 5 minutes. Even an endcap strike is fixable. Now if you have a catastrophic blow-out of the can, yes, the Osprey would probably fare better in that situation because you wouldn't have to replace the tube.

The only time a baffle strike is catastrophic to the can is if you have a fully welded can (like the AAC M4-2000). Replacing those baffles would be so cost-prohibitive, a new can would be cheaper.

lordt313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Bonita Springs, FL
    The newer TiRant's are all user-serviceable and as such, come apart VERY easily. If you had a baffle strike, or an EVERY baffle strike, you wouldn't need a new can. AAC can replace the damaged baffles in 5 minutes. Even an endcap strike is fixable. Now if you have a catastrophic blow-out of the can, yes, the Osprey would probably fare better in that situation because you wouldn't have to replace the tube.

The only time a baffle strike is catastrophic to the can is if you have a fully welded can (like the AAC M4-2000). Replacing those baffles would be so cost-prohibitive, a new can would be cheaper.

Thats good to hear, I know only what I was told by people who know more than me and in this situation it was a SilencerCo sales rep. I still don't have my TiRant yet but I am thinking any day now so I am pretty inexperienced with the actual application of suppressors. Thanks for the info.

-Taylor

Top Bottom