• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    hello. i am thinking about buying a gen 4 glock 27. I currently have a gen 4 glock 26 which i love. I am considering the 27 because in would be compatable with my g26 accesories. I have never owned a subcompact 40 before and now that i think about i have never shot one. I have previously owned a xdm40 fullsize and i found that to be pretty managable. I am curious about the recoil compared to the g26 and or a full size 40. I am not an extremely seasoned shooter but im also not new to it either. any thoughts on the g27 would help.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    G27

My wife carries a Gen 4 G27. The addition of Pierce magazine extensions gives her a better grip but she had no problem handling it before they were added. I carry a G23 and neither of us notice any significant difference in recoil between the guns. The Gen 4 trigger is nice and the G27 is much more pleasant to shoot than her Ruger LCP. Now that's a subcompact.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Love my G27! :rockwoot:

Everyone perceives felt recoil different. Sure the .40 might be considered a bit snappy, and in the subcompact frame maybe it is a little more snappy, but I have never had a problem with it and enjoy shooting it.
    A few hundred rounds in a range trip is no problem at all to me, but I have had some people hand it back after one or two shots and say never again. Everyone is different.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I have the G-26. I've never shot the G-27, so I can't say. Though you can rent the G-27 at...

Indy Trading Post
    2851 Madison Ave.
    Indianapolis, IN 46225

Mon. - Friday, Noon - 6PM
    Saturday, Noon - 5PM
    Closed Sunday

(317)-782-4867

Try it before you buy it!

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Have owned Gen 4 G27 and found it to be easy to shoot. Have shot XDM subcompact in 9mm and it seemed to have snappier recoil. Neither was troublesome. The ergonomics of gen 4 make the G27 easier to grip and stay on target. Having said that, I am not particularly recoil sensitive. My hands are large and previous career paths have given me good grip strength for repetitive motion. So your mileage may vary. Good luck finding a loaner to shoot.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Just my personal opinion, but I don't think that the .40SW is enough of a difference in power to justify another otherwise-identical gun to your G26. That same $529 would buy you over 1000 9mm rounds to practice with, or a good training class and a bunch of rounds.

If you're set on buying a new gun instead (aren't we all?) I'd look at something that would fulfill a different carry role - like a G19 or G23.

Again, just my two cents.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love mine. It has a lot of versatility of the mags and extensions...

picture.php

I haven't shot a G26, but I'm guessing the recoil is a little worse on the 27. Certainly very managable...:twocents:

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm in Fort Wayne and I own several Gen3 G27's. And I'm kinda awesome - so if you want to go shoot one of them we can go up tot he club I shoot at and you can try one out. The cost to you would be 5 bucks as a guest entry fee. Unless you're a member of the Izaak Walton LEague already.

Let me know

Joe - By the way - I DO have a Gen3 G27 for sale ;)

Added: The G27 is my EDC and I LOVE IT! I will never not own at least one of these amazing pistols!

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I had thought about a 23 or 19 but with all the options available for my g26 i couldnt justify 500+ dollars for half inch barrel increase when i can use a g19 mag. The 23 had crossed my mind. honestly i am debating between the 27 and 23.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I'm in Fort Wayne and I own several Gen3 G27's. And I'm kinda awesome - so if you want to go shoot one of them we can go up tot he club I shoot at and you can try one out. The cost to you would be 5 bucks as a guest entry fee. Unless you're a member of the Izaak Walton LEague already.

Let me know

Joe - By the way - I DO have a Gen3 G27 for sale ;)

Added: The G27 is my EDC and I LOVE IT! I will never not own at least one of these amazing pistols!

I defiantly would take advantage of this opp. if you don't live here in Indianapolis.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have owned and carried several G23s over the years and I always go back to my trusty G27s for EDC. The are a great size, comfortable to shoot (IMO anyways), and easy to conceal.

Top Bottom