• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deadeye(+)

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2015
    Bainbridge
    Hey guys looking to throw a Timney on my 700 in .308. The xmark is driving me nuts. Not sure which model though. Choice is between the 510 and the Calvin elite. Prefer the 510 due to the price but if the Calvin is a lot better id rather spend a bit more on it. This rifle is a field/hunting/target rifle. So any opinions are appreciated. And is the Timney a lot better than the xmark? Thanks!

Last edited:

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I went with the Calvin, but only because I wanted to get down to around 2lbs. Way too light for a field gun imo. Of the two, I'd probably choose the 510.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I went 510, and am really happy with it. Mine is mostly used for hunting whitetail with target practice being a distant second though, so I wasn't necessarily looking for a match type setup.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I also went with the 510, but I have no experience with the Calvin Elite. I am very pleased with the 510 and really have no desire to change. Mine is set at 2.5 lbs and for me that is perfect.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    The Timney is a lot better than the XMark if your intention is sub 3 lb pull weights. Otherwise there isn't much upside.

When I go Timney I go with their lightest weight offerings regardless of application.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    The Timney is a lot better than the XMark if your intention is sub 3 lb pull weights. Otherwise there isn't much upside.

When I go Timney I go with their lightest weight offerings regardless of application.

depending on the use of the rifle the lightest trigger pull is not always best, now if it will be used exclusively off a bench then maybe it is. For a hunting, run and gun, prs type shooting it's not always best.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    depending on the use of the rifle the lightest trigger pull is not always best, now if it will be used exclusively off a bench then maybe it is. For a hunting, run and gun, prs type shooting it's not always best.

I've never pulled the trigger on game and thought "I wish I'd had to pull harder on that trigger".

Top Bottom