• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Nothing else to do so watching tv news, American factories are gearing up for production of ammunition for a war on another continent. (American factories gearing up for production of ammunition for a war) is the primary phrase.

Brings to mind Eisenhower’s farewell address in 61 “beware of the military-industrial complex” I’m not worried, how bout you? Things are looking pretty shaky to me. Think China and the Ruskies. Thank the U.S. Govt. all of them. It’s only my opinion of course.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Nothing else to do so watching tv news, American factories are gearing up for production of ammunition for a war on another continent. (American factories gearing up for production of ammunition for a war) is the primary phrase.

Brings to mind Eisenhower’s farewell address in 61 “beware of the military-industrial complex” I’m not worried, how bout you? Things are looking pretty shaky to me. Think China and the Ruskies. Thank the U.S. Govt. all of them. It’s only my opinion of course.
    is this from today or 20 years ago?

Even if we are getting invaded they would be upping production to send to Ukraine. It’s become blatantly obvious we are not as important as they.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    is this from today or 20 years ago?

Even if we are getting invaded they would be upping production to send to Ukraine. It’s become blatantly obvious we are not as important as they.
    Rite now, factories in the East US are making shells, projectiles, explosives for projectiles, for the war that is ramping up. New tooling, new mechanisms, better faster production methods. Maybe it’s just me but it appears we (US .GOV) are attempting to be one step ahead of where we were at the beginning of WW 2, or The Korean War. Factories already geared and tooled for mass production of weapons not plow shares.

My point being Ike’s words. The industry makes money when they are paid with tax dollars. Our dollars. Our lives. Industry doesn’t care who. They make money.

Yes we are gearing up to provide munitions to Ukraine, but as that war grows we will already be in a position to provide munitions for ourselves when the time comes that we need them. Russia is behind the 8 ball already. China is a sneaky bunch of twits, who knows what they are hiding?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Rite now, factories in the East US are making shells, projectiles, explosives for projectiles, for the war that is ramping up. New tooling, new mechanisms, better faster production methods. Maybe it’s just me but it appears we (US .GOV) are attempting to be one step ahead of where we were at the beginning of WW 2, or The Korean War. Factories already geared and tooled for mass production of weapons not plow shares.

My point being Ike’s words. The industry makes money when they are paid with tax dollars. Our dollars. Our lives. Industry doesn’t care who. They make money.

Yes we are gearing up to provide munitions to Ukraine, but as that war grows we will already be in a position to provide munitions for ourselves when the time comes that we need them. Russia is behind the 8 ball already. China is a sneaky bunch of twits, who knows what they are hiding?
    I was joking because you put 03 as the year in the title.

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom