• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Couldn't help myself, I had to have one a .450 Bushmaster. :ar15: I've got a better scope and mount coming from Midway. The scope in the pic is one I've had sitting around for awhile.

Recoil is not as stout as I was expecting, about like a 20 ga. Only was able to run 20 rounds thru it, but it grouped nice. Next November, deer beware!:D Coyotes maybe sooner.

2011-12-31131945.jpg

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Sweet Rifle! What kind of scope did ya get for it?

Nothing special, actually a rather cheap scope, a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5x32. I know they're a cheap scope but I've had several and they have never failed on me. Had them on .22's, slug guns, shotguns, and muzzleloaders. I plan on shooting the .450 alot over the summer so I'll find out if it will survive the recoil or not. It should if it is like the others I've owned. I never have been one to spend tons of money on scopes anyway.

I bought an AR Stoner scope mount to mount it with. All in all nothing special, I'm not fighting a war with the rifle, just hunting with it.:yesway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    The recoil isn't bad at all, while more than the 77/44 I used this year it is about the same as the H&R 20 ga. slug gun I had several years ago.

IMO, the .450 is like a .44 mag on steroids. My only experience with the .450 is the 20 rounds I shot today though. It appears to be pretty accurate even though this target was shot at only 35 yards. It was off of a crappy old picnic table.:rolleyes: That is 10 rounds worth of holes in the target. I hadn't bore sighted it and didn't know where it would shoot, and I didn't want to chance blasting my new target stand. I'll stretch it out to 50-100 yards next time out.

2011-12-31153432.jpg

I feel it will live up to the name Thumper. At my age (55) I want to as sure as possible I won't be tracking deer down. I want to drop them where they stand.:yesway: If I do my part, I'm sure the .450 will do it's.

Top Bottom