• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hmmmmm Rhino in a codpiece. "Rodpiece" has a nice ring to it.

ACT 101.3 Low Light Rodpiece Manipulation...

Rhino does send some strange late night pictures and texts, but he also keeps calling me "lovemachine"... Not sure, but I think he has the wrong number.

sexy-rhino_130723_0455_49.jpg

Sexy-Rhino-random-23107980-800-600.jpg

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    All the IDPA matches I have shot in I always wear my very loud Hawaiian shirt. The last shoot my RO even said something about it. I use the same holster that I carry, the only thing I change is I put a double mag pouch on my left. Off topic (like I'm the only one) My wife grew up in Christiansburg Va. Just a stones throw away from Blacksburg. Beautiful country over there, I've been there several times. -Jason

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    All the IDPA matches I have shot in I always wear my very loud Hawaiian shirt. The last shoot my RO even said something about it. I use the same holster that I carry, the only thing I change is I put a double mag pouch on my left. Off topic (like I'm the only one) My wife grew up in Christiansburg Va. Just a stones throw away from Blacksburg. Beautiful country over there, I've been there several times. -Jason

Yeah? I love everything about this area. If we stay, I will be looking for a spot on the mountain that backs up the the national forest, with a small pond or water source.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I competed in an IDPA match last week and it was a great time. I notice that many competitors have mesh vests and I always wear a shirt to conceal, just like I would any other day. I'm not knocking them, but I always thought it best (for me) to train in what I would normally wear. Well, right before the match I had purchased some pants that would be suitable for work and everything else that I do. I decided to try them out and I discovered they could get me killed.

I continue to express my amusement by the attire at a typical IDPA club match. It's a sea of vests as far as the eye can see and often the total number of people who wear those vests outside of the match is ZERO.

I wear a vest like that frequently . . . outside of matches. I don't when I'm shooting IDPA anymore. I just conceal with my shirt the same way I do when I'm not wearing the vest (and sometimes I'm concealing under the shirt AND wearing the vest).

I get the vest for people who are really competing, especially at big matches. What I don't get is the people who loudly proclaim they are practicing for self-defense, criticize "gamers" at every opportunity, then proceed to shoot the match in a manner completely different from the way they carry. It's even worse if they're shooting a Glock 34 from a belt holster when they're real carry setup is a j-frame in their pocket.

Ultimately it boils down to being honest with yourself and keeping your actions consistent with your professed goals. Either gamer or tactical tommy is equally valid, just be honest about it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    You should always train for how you would shoot and react. Your mind will tell you to do what is most familiar with you in a stressfull situation. Also be sure to use "gross motor skills" vs. "fine skills" Gross means 1 to 2 moves. Fine are moves that are more complicated and take more time. Your body will shut down and you will start thinking while you just need to react. There has been documented cases on police officers that if they engage in a stressfull situation they might shoot 2 rounds because thay have been taught to shoot two rounds and holster their weapon. We should get use to engaging a target until the threat stops. Get use to where any extra mags are and train with it.

Top Bottom