• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    Never trained with airsoft but did use the laser lyte board and steel gongs with pink rhino dry fire lasers. That really helps to get the feel for the weight and trigger.

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Never trained with airsoft but did use the laser lyte board and steel gongs with pink rhino dry fire lasers. That really helps to get the feel for the weight and trigger.
    i have a tippmann airsoft m4 and its high pressure air (no battery bs), has a reciprocating bolt and a buffer in the buffer tube, feels like a very flat shooting ar15

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    They are a great option for force on force training.
    This. I have used them in the past extensively for FOF. I don't actually see a use for them in practice for real shooting as I can do anything in dry practice that I could do with an airsoft, except make holes, which I really don't need. Nothing wrong with it if that is your thing though.

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    This. I have used them in the past extensively for FOF. I don't actually see a use for them in practice for real shooting as I can do anything in dry practice that I could do with an airsoft, except make holes, which I really don't need. Nothing wrong with it if that is your thing though.
    you use them as you said for FOF, learning and practicing tactics, room clearing, bounding, running drills, all that jazz

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I've been wanting to try airsoft. I'm in the kokomo area. If there is anyone local that could point me towards events that have rentals, I'd love to try

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've been wanting to try airsoft. I'm in the kokomo area. If there is anyone local that could point me towards events that have rentals, I'd love to try

Neither of these options are super close for you but MALC puts on some training classes that use airsoft (fighting in and around vehicles is one i believe) and there is a place in martinsville that hosts games and has an indoor CQB style arena - https://www.shotzoneindy.com/

I don't think airsoft replaces actual practice and training but I think it can be a good supplement. Get one that is a duplicate of your carry piece/home defense gun or whatever and a lot of the mechanics are the same - safety location, mag changes, etc. Use an airsoft M4 to practice home defense/room clearing if it floats your boat. The more you practice your mindset, the better off you will be.,

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    Neither of these options are super close for you but MALC puts on some training classes that use airsoft (fighting in and around vehicles is one i believe) and there is a place in martinsville that hosts games and has an indoor CQB style arena - https://www.shotzoneindy.com/

I don't think airsoft replaces actual practice and training but I think it can be a good supplement. Get one that is a duplicate of your carry piece/home defense gun or whatever and a lot of the mechanics are the same - safety location, mag changes, etc. Use an airsoft M4 to practice home defense/room clearing if it floats your boat. The more you practice your mindset, the better off you will be.,
    I've been to MALC many times. I didn't know they did airsoft for force on force

Top Bottom