• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Not really a computer expert, sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused you. With reply's like this may not post any more.

cfgunworks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Clinton Co.
    I have used the JP spring set in a few ARs. This set includes a hammer spring, trigger spring, and disconnector spring. With this spring set and some good trigger lube you will improve your trigger pull weight. The creep and over travel will still be an issue. Remember that the mil-spec fire control group is only case hardened and should not be filed or stoned. Judicious polishing is acceptable.

cav_cdr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm no gunsmith but, I had a trigger job done on my AR and it is MUCH improved. Had nothing to do with springs and everything to do with the trigger / sear geometry. Someone else posted about the parts being only case hardened (and a very shallow case at that). My 'smith cut some of the metal away from the critical areas and welded on tool steel that would hold the edge. Fantastic job.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    First of all, welcome to INGO.

I'm not a fan of a stock trigger in INGO.
    -The cheapest smooth trigger in my opinion is the Spikes Battle Trigger. It's nickel boron coated, and very slick. Add a nickel boron coated BCG, and it's smooth as butter.
    -If you want a light trigger, and am on a budget I would suggest a Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage. The first stage is a little bit of trigger creep, and a couple of pound pull once you find it.
    -If you want target quality though, you'll be hard pressed to beat the Timney 3#'er. I just got finished installing one, and it's simply amazing.

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    IMHO, you can't go wrong with Timney. They are a little pricey, though. If you are on a budget they may not be for you. But they are so easy to install, and make your AR so enjoyable to shoot (I giggled like a schoolgirl the first time I used mine).

You didn't mention what your intentions were. If you are going to run-and-gun, go with something with a stronger trigger pull. Precision shooting then go lower. Here's the link anyway: Timney Triggers. Good luck.

Top Bottom