Triming .357 mag brass down to .38 spec.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Too much work.

If you want some 38 brass, I have two 5 gallon buckets full of 38 special brass.

If you want to trade, I will trade 1.5 pieces of 38 brass for each of your 357 brass.

You will have to be happy with what I dip out of the bucket. It is all useable, just not pretty, necessarily. I shoot it though..

We each pay our freight. PM me if you are interested

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    .38 Special brass is so cheap, there's no reason to waste good .357 brass. Leo is a guy on the boards that sells it, might want to contact him for some.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    i'll trade you at the same ratio sloughfoot is offering. I have more 38 brass than I can shake a stick at. I could always use some .357 mag though...

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, trade with someone. If you can't work out anything with someone, let me know and I'll trade with you. We aren't that far away from each other.

BTW, trimming cases down isn't such a great idea as the case wall gets thicker than it is at the mouth and that'll make it tougher to reload and lead to split cases.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The 10MM is fun..

Herasy I say, Herasy. I don't even have .40 S&W!

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

Yea, when I got my G-20 last year, I went ahead and got a Lone Wolf conversion barrel in .40 S&W so I could shoot some of the hundreds of pounds of .40 S&W brass I have laying around..
    Since then I have added on two G-22's. One Gen 2, and one Gen 3. I don't know why--I still would rather shoot 9MM or .45acp.??
    I have finally rounded up enough 10MM brass to where I can shoot it more. I DO like the power of the 10!! Bill.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Trimming the 357 cases down to 38 Special length is very dangerous in the long run. If you continue to use them and remember they aren't 357's you're fine. If those get out of your hands and someone manages to load 357 level loads in them it could get ugly.

Top Bottom