• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    Does anyone have experience with the tristar Tactical 12 gauge? I just purchased one for under 200 from a local gun shop, wasnt really sure the quality of it but looked and felt awsome for the price so i left with it, i havent had the chance to go and shoot it yet, it has a return spring on the pump so you pull back and release and it will slide back forward, im not really that experienced with shotguns so please give your input.

166925_10151179508330487_550545486_22377767_1293207920_n.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I am not sure why you would release the forearm grip after you racked a shell...maybe if for some reason you were unable to use one arm. Other than that, I have not heard anything bad about them. Get out, shoot it, and get to know its operation. The best weapons are those YOU can effectively use. Nice price point BTW for under $200. I think they usually go a tad higher (~ $250-ish)

FormerHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Texas
    Buddy of mine has a Tri-Star over & under and he loves it. My understanding is that Tri-Star doesn't have a factory per se, but designs the guns and has various good quality Turkish gun makers manufacture their product.

Others here probably can fill in more blanks. However I can tell you my buddy likes his Tri-Star very much and he says quality/reliability have been great. Nice gun, enjoy!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Buddy of mine has a Tri-Star over & under and he loves it. My understanding is that Tri-Star doesn't have a factory per se, but designs the guns and has various good quality Turkish gun makers manufacture their product.

Others here probably can fill in more blanks. However I can tell you my buddy likes his Tri-Star very much and he says quality/reliability have been great. Nice gun, enjoy!

Yeah. I can't remember which city/village the Tri-Star's are made in off the top of my head but there are several areas in Turkey that put out quality shotguns in the same manner.

jrose361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2011
    what can u now say about the tristar tec 12 after u shot it?
    is it the same modle and the auto/pump that u can shoot semi-auto and pump??

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    ^^^ That is what i was going to ask, but that model just came out and I think the MSRP on it is around $600-$700.

Don't know much about Tri-stars other than not to buy there semi-autos. All the o/u and pumps seem to have good reviews but the semi-autos all seem to have problems. Most were related to the VIPER.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom