• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    First Stage of Season 6 is here this Tuesday the 24th of April at 6:00pm. Do not have to be a member of ACC to shoot. Must however RSVP to save a slot. All 1911 45 Club rules to apply.

PM for more information or to RSVP.

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Yes holster and mag holders must be leather. Must be 1911. No rails, lights, double stack etc. Must be 45acp. The only plastic we allow are FO sights and magazine followers both of which may not be your best choice for the street. Round counts are low. Bring extra as you go through as many times as you like after you run the first one for pass or fail score. No concealment necessary but equipment must be concealable and your 1911 must be fully secured in your holster as you would for secure carry. All barrel lengths are allowed but anything under a commander may not be your best choice.
    Be sure your gun is in safe working order with no hammer follow as again hair triggers may not be your best bet for the street. You will find that these StreetWise courses represent responsible defense with no compromise in caliber or equipment. Hammer Down at 6:00 Tonite. Only have two slots left at this time. Thank you and keep shooting, reloading, cleaning and shooting some more. See you on the Range!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes holster and mag holders must be leather. Must be 1911. No rails, lights, double stack etc. Must be 45acp. The only plastic we allow are FO sights and magazine followers both of which may not be your best choice for the street. Round counts are low. Bring extra as you go through as many times as you like after you run the first one for pass or fail score. No concealment necessary but equipment must be concealable and your 1911 must be fully secured in your holster as you would for secure carry. All barrel lengths are allowed but anything under a commander may not be your best choice.
    Be sure your gun is in safe working order with no hammer follow as again hair triggers may not be your best bet for the street. You will find that these StreetWise courses represent responsible defense with no compromise in caliber or equipment. Hammer Down at 6:00 Tonite. Only have two slots left at this time. Thank you and keep shooting, reloading, cleaning and shooting some more. See you on the Range!

So, Jim! I think the idea of traditional 1911s and leather gear for everyone who wants to play is cool. I am, however, curious why you allow fiber optic sights. I know some people need them to see their front sight at all, but when everyone shot .45ACP 1911s from leather gear, fiber optic front sights didn't exist. It seems like an arbitrary choice that taints the purity of the game you have created. I'm not criticizing, just curious about what I perceive to be an inconsistency.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I decided to allow FO sights as a way of letting a shooter play with less expense as to outfit his gun to be able to join us. While you are right about the timeline FO is not the best choice for real carry IMHO and very few purists use them for street carry me included. In fact the whole purpose of my gun specific StreetWise Courses are in fact different than the other games we play with modified stuff that should IMHO never be carried on the street. By the way the leather requirement is not because of nostalgia, it is because IMHO it is the best choice for street carry. I know the Kydex industry is working hard on levers, switches, snaps and such to make the plastic scabbard more secure but I am not convinced yet. I have seen too many of them fail. My StreetWise Courses are designed to be responsible Defense without compromise. In other words, the stuff we play the games with may not be the best choices on the street IMHO. Hope this clears the mud.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would love to see 1911's with light rails allowed, they do not imoede actual street carry at all. Can't afford to buy another full sized 1911 without a rail

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Rulebook Version 1

Our Focus is on the original combat courses that this gun was designed for. Simple, low round count pass or fail type courses.

clip_image002.jpg
    45 ACP
    No light rails
    No Plastic Guns
    No Plastic Holsters
    No Plastic Magazine Holders
    No Optics
    No Compensators
    No stage will require more than 15 rounds

Okay Guys, Here is the plan

What we will focus on is the 1911 for personal carry and defense. Your gear should be centered on how you really carry on the street. All safety Rules will be in place. A Par time will be set for the course and you will either pass or fail. Missed targets will mean you fail. The time limits will be ample for you to get your hits. Our goal here will be to develop better skills with the 1911 and become competitive with a challenging team in the future. We invite other clubs to form a team and come out as well.

As Always, We can use your input.

Must RSVP to get a slot in the match.

Top Bottom