• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Fox News has a new article today on the Delphi Murders.
    "Richard Allen has been his own worst enemy throughout this process. We've learned through multiple filings that he's made incriminating or damaging statements to what sounds like around 30 people – inmates, prison guards, police officers, family members – about this [crime], and I think that is going to severely tamper him at trial," journalist Áine Cain, who co-hosts "The Murder Sheet" podcast with Indiana-based attorney Kevin Greenlee, told Fox News Digital."

I think hte same can be said about most criminal defendants. But I'm not sure what the "journalist meant by "...severely tamper him at trial...".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Richard Allen has been his own worst enemy throughout this process. We've learned through multiple filings that he's made incriminating or damaging statements to what sounds like around 30 people – inmates, prison guards, police officers, family members – about this [crime], and I think that is going to severely tamper him at trial," journalist Áine Cain, who co-hosts "The Murder Sheet" podcast with Indiana-based attorney Kevin Greenlee, told Fox News Digital."

I think hte same can be said about most criminal defendants. But I'm not sure what the "journalist meant by "...severely tamper him at trial...".
    #1 True- another way of putting it is that he is the prosecution's best witness. This is why the defense is trying, desperately, to have everything he has said in pretrial detention ruled inadmissible. I highly doubt it will be, but we will see.

#2 What passes for "journalism" these days? It used to be that "journalists" were just pompous ideologues masquerading as objective....but at least they knew the language...and how to spell.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    #1 True- another way of putting it is that he is the prosecution's best witness. This is why the defense is trying, desperately, to have everything he has said in pretrial detention ruled inadmissible. I highly doubt it will be, but we will see.
    This is nutty to follow along with…

#2 What passes for "journalism" these days? It used to be that "journalists" were just pompous ideologues masquerading as objective....but at least they knew the language...and how to spell.
    It is our fault, the people decreed that news was free and we would not pay for it, we are getting what we pay for and that is reporting from mostly super young reporters just out of college with no experience, with little supervision, and no editors to review their work.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    It is our fault, the people decreed that news was free and we would not pay for it, we are getting what we pay for and that is reporting from mostly super young reporters just out of college with no experience, with little supervision, and no editors to review their work.

I do believe you have hit the nail on the head with this explanation. I can only add, we don't get news, we get that reporters opinion/spin on the situation.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do believe you have hit the nail on the head with this explanation. I can only add, we don't get news, we get that reporters opinion/spin on the situation.
    And we get that even worse with no supervision and editors to manage what the ideologies want to put out. Not that all publications did that but most did back in the day.

Top Bottom