• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Runngun01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2022
    Pekin, IN
    I had to opportunity to shoot my buddies TX22 at a RFS match and I loved it. (The gun and the match). The only problem was the 21 rd mags that he had (two of them with the extensions) were not reliable. The stock 16 rd mags worked flawlessly. Any one else have this issue?
    Any fixes?
    What are your thoughts on this gun?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve probably put 5k rounds through a couple of standard tx22 without a hitch. Never tried the extended mags but like mentioned above they all seem to give problems regardless of gun. I always stick to factory mags. The tx22 has been my favorite and go to plinker since it came out.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I have the Standard and the Comp TX22, a few thousand through both. I haven't fully cleaned either yet, just a quick brush of the breach face and feed ramp and some more lube. 25% of the shooting has been suppressed. I've had no problem even with cheap ammo. I have 8 mags total and have noticed that with one of them I need to pay attention to make sure the top round is in the right position or it tends to have a feeding issue. The comp is so fun to shoot, the fixed red dot and the low recoil of the 22lr makes for stacking shots on top of each other.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have the Standard and the Comp TX22, a few thousand through both. I haven't fully cleaned either yet, just a quick brush of the breach face and feed ramp and some more lube. 25% of the shooting has been suppressed. I've had no problem even with cheap ammo. I have 8 mags total and have noticed that with one of them I need to pay attention to make sure the top round is in the right position or it tends to have a feeding issue. The comp is so fun to shoot, the fixed red dot and the low recoil of the 22lr makes for stacking shots on top of each other.
    Exactly my experience with the Comp model... It's difficult to miss. Two 10 shot groups at 7 yards

10 shotgroups.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A question for those of you that bought both the TX & the Competition.
    For an old man with unsteady hands & waning eyesight, is there a .5" - 1" difference in accuracy between the two or is it about the same.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I find the Comp model easier to shoot than the standard TX because it's nose heavy but I always shoot offhand. It would surprise me if the comp model noticeably more accurate off of a rest than the standard model but YMMV. Where 22s are concerned I think ammo probably plays a bigger role in accuracy than the pistol generally does. My experience with the P322 at this point is that it appears as easy to shoot accurately as the Comp TX but I think how the pistol fits my hand as well as the trigger plays a role in hitting target dots. Patience0830 is the 22 guru, I would be curious as to his take on ammo VS pistol and which has more effect where accuracy is concerned.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I find the Comp model easier to shoot than the standard TX because it's nose heavy but I always shoot offhand. It would surprise me if the comp model noticeably more accurate off of a rest than the standard model but YMMV. Where 22s are concerned I think ammo probably plays a bigger role in accuracy than the pistol generally does. My experience with the P322 at this point is that it appears as easy to shoot accurately as the Comp TX but I think how the pistol fits my hand as well as the trigger plays a role in hitting target dots. Patience0830 is the 22 guru, I would be curious as to his take on ammo VS pistol and which has more effect where accuracy is concerned.
    Much experience in that reply! :thumbsup:
    Your remark that on a rest you wouldn't anticipate much disparity in accuracy between the TX & the Competition model really peaked my interest.
    As l long as the Sig 322 would be on par with the TX, I could live with just waiting for the Sig.
    It would be a bonus if the Sig could edge out the TX Competition in my hands on a rest.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    The Comp model feels more substantial in the hand, heavier with the additional weight of the red dot, it's mount, and the longer bull barrel. That changes the balance of the gun in the shooters favor. Also with the slide cut-away there is less reciprocating mass. Add all that to the fixed red dot and It's really fun to shoot at steel matches. Double taps and transitions between targets seem easier than I've ever experienced.

More accurate than the standard model from a rest... maybe an insignificant amount. The longer bull barrel might offer a small improvement.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Comp model feels more substantial in the hand, heavier with the additional weight of the red dot, it's mount, and the longer bull barrel. That changes the balance of the gun in the shooters favor. Also with the slide cut-away there is less reciprocating mass. Add all that to the fixed red dot and It's really fun to shoot at steel matches. Double taps and transitions between targets seem easier than I've ever experienced.

More accurate than the standard model from a rest... maybe an insignificant amount. The longer bull barrel might offer a small improvement.
    Thanks! Very helpful info! :thumbsup:
    If I was ever to think about getting one, I'd wait for a Competition model if the Sig didn't satisfy me.
    The little but of additional weight & a bull barrel has an appeal for me.

Top Bottom