• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Has anyone tried this?

[video]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7-hcS5hpMCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Link is bad, but I've seen it. No, I wouldn't. For the same reason you should t carry on an empty chamber. You should NEVER carry in such a way that requires two hands to put the weapon into service. That support hand may be needed to fend off your assailant.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I could see using something like this in an office environment when deep concealment may be critical, but I'd switch modes of carry to something more traditional the minute I walked out the door.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    If concealing is absolutely necessary, which it rare, go for it. I wouldn't ever carry it.

If you need to conceal at work without getting caught, it might work well. Outside of that, never.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Cool idea, but not for me.

Cameramonkey, true CC requires two hands, this is no different. Grab the shirt and flap, lift out of the way, and retrieve.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cool idea, but not for me.

Cameramonkey, true CC requires two hands, this is no different. Grab the shirt and flap, lift out of the way, and retrieve.

Negative Ghost Rider. You can lift the shirt with your strong hand while defending with support hand. Shay teaches this at Mindset Labs.

1: Grab the fabric and pull up, clearing your weapon.
    2: Jam fabric down between you and the gun by driving your hand down in front of or behind the gun with your hand close to the body, tucking it in between you and your gun. (exposing it)
    3: Release the fabric and draw your weapon.

Try it. It works!

See...
    View attachment 41342

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But I must say, in a vacuum, the engineering is quite cool.

(But we dont live in a vacuum, unfortunately)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If concealing is absolutely necessary, which it rare, go for it. I wouldn't ever carry it.

If you need to conceal at work without getting caught, it might work well. Outside of that, never.

When I worked IT I carried a gov't sized 1911 in a Thunderwear holster at work. There isn't anything exposed unless your pants fall down. No bulky WTF is that on your belt thing to explain, nothing. If anyone notices a bulge resulting from Thunderwear, they aren't asking about it...and are probably secretly impressed. Just from the looks of this thing, I'd also say Thunderwear gave a more consistent grip presentation.

While everything has trade offs, for true deep concealment it's tough to beat banana hammock carry.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    When I first saw the video a couple days ago I was impress and I still am. I wouldn't mind trying out this holster. The belt attatchment just looks like another cell phone case that 99 percent of people have on there belts nowadays. Nothing out of the ordinary. Actually it blends in with society a lot better than a big honkin case on the outside of the belt looking like an IPAD case.

I applaud there ingenuity.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    You need to take a class to figure out how to draw with one hand? Not saying classes aren't important, but I figured that out on my own.

You don't have to take a class to learn most things. However, drawing the gun is only one aspect of using a gun. We need to be able to make effective hits, reload, and reduce stoppages of all types. If you have an effective method for doing those things with one hand (either hand), that's great. There may be other methods you hadn't thought of, or ways to make them more efficient. Maybe there aren't. Some people just like to use a class type environment to explore these things under some guidance.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When I first saw the video a couple days ago I was impress and I still am. I wouldn't mind trying out this holster. The belt attatchment just looks like another cell phone case that 99 percent of people have on there belts nowadays. Nothing out of the ordinary. Actually it blends in with society a lot better than a big honkin case on the outside of the belt looking like an IPAD case.

I applaud there ingenuity.

I'm with you. I wouldn't make it a primary, but as a backup? Oh yeah

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Reminds me of Thunderwear as well. I wouldn't mind something like that for a small single stack 9mm like a Glock 43 or similar. But I am a revolver guy and I think my 3 inch SP101 or LCR-X would be a little uncomfortable.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You don't have to take a class to learn most things. However, drawing the gun is only one aspect of using a gun. We need to be able to make effective hits, reload, and reduce stoppages of all types. If you have an effective method for doing those things with one hand (either hand), that's great. There may be other methods you hadn't thought of, or ways to make them more efficient. Maybe there aren't. Some people just like to use a class type environment to explore these things under some guidance.
    I agree with you. As I said, I'm not saying classes aren't important. The specific instance of drawing with one hand was what was brought up. I thought it odd that someone wouldn't consider that possibility whether or not they take a class. Classes are invaluable, but a little forethought about the way we operate would be good even if you don't attend a class.

Top Bottom