• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow really clean M1. Has it been refinished and re-blued? I cant see the stainless end or it isn't showing in the pic.

It's a CMP Service Grade Special (Springfield)... New stock, National Match barrel. I had a regular service grade, but kept having problems with it ejecting the clip after only 5 or 6 shots. After sending it back to the CMP twice, they replaced it with this one. I wasn't going to argue! :D

The carbine is an IBM, which I thought was appropriate since I work in IT. :):

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yep, an 03 or 03A3 would complete my trifecta... :)

IMG_2298_zps9c8f80c3.jpg

Don't forget the Thompson DD

mooneydc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Campbellsburg
    It's a CMP Service Grade Special (Springfield)... New stock, National Match barrel. I had a regular service grade, but kept having problems with it ejecting the clip after only 5 or 6 shots. After sending it back to the CMP twice, they replaced it with this one. I wasn't going to argue! :D

The carbine is an IBM, which I thought was appropriate since I work in IT. :):

I had the same problem with premature ejecting with mine too. It was a weak clip latch spring. A lot of guys find a heavier spring or double them up to eliminate it from happening again.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I had the same problem with premature ejecting with mine too. It was a weak clip latch spring. A lot of guys find a heavier spring or double them up to eliminate it from happening again.

Congratulations! You have found one of those rare instances in which your usage of the word clip is absolutely correct and therefore immune from the flood of criticism you would have received had you (mis)used it interchangeably with 'magazine'.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I replaced the clip latch spring (that was the first thing the armorer had me try) to no avail. I never did find out what the true issue was, and apparently he didn't either after two trips to him. He kept saying it was a "timing issue", whatever that means. At any rate, they took good care of me. :)

mooneydc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Campbellsburg
    Congratulations! You have found one of those rare instances in which your usage of the word clip is absolutely correct and therefore immune from the flood of criticism you would have received had you (mis)used it interchangeably with 'magazine'.

Yeah ive noticed a person has to really watch what they say and know there wording on here especially new comers. There are a large number of members just waiting to hammer someone with criticism when they make a mistake.

mooneydc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2013
    Campbellsburg
    I replaced the clip latch spring (that was the first thing the armorer had me try) to no avail. I never did find out what the true issue was, and apparently he didn't either after two trips to him. He kept saying it was a "timing issue", whatever that means. At any rate, they took good care of me. :)

I wonder if it ended up being the actual clip latch itself. That's the only other thing that I can think of at this moment with out stripping mine down and studying more. Anyway its great they made it right and sent you a complete other rifle.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah ive noticed a person has to really watch what they say and know there wording on here especially new comers. There are a large number of members just waiting to hammer someone with criticism when they make a mistake.

Indeed so. I, for one, am in the habit of addressing the innocent error or faux pas gently. If I know better, I feel an obligation to say something, but I see no need to be harsh for the most part. There are instances in which I will hammer on a new member, like the time some dumbass newb I vaguely remember walked in the door supporting 'common sense' gun laws with the predictable absence of sense contained therein.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    My antique rifles usually just get degreased with acetone, and then multiple coats of linseed oil applied until they look nice. Some rifles with lots of heavy dings, or scratchest get a very light sanding with the finest sandpaper availible, and then 5 or 6 coats of oil with plenty of time to dry between aplications.

This will show you more of what the rifle originally looked like, rather than refinishing it to something gaudy.

Top Bottom