• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmfisher71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Brownstown, IN
    Has anyone heard of these guns i have one offered to me on trade for something and dont know and cant find alot on them.... its Viginian Dragoon .44 mag stainless with wood grips.... any info would be greatly appreciated.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    They were stainless single actions rimfire and center fire revolvers from the 70's....Decent guns for the price....Have had a few over the years. One I sure wish I had back....

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have seen one once before in a gun store, I think it was priced around $350, and it didnt last long, though it was in a presentation case, and included a box of ammo.
    When I asked my dad about them, he said as he remembered, they were an inexpensive way to get into a .44 mag, but were not even close in comparison to a Ruger, nor as sturdy as even a smith Model 29.

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    I picked one up about a year ago in 357 mag from the 70s. I absolutely love that gun. It has recessed cylinders and handles the mags quite well. I own a number of rugers-old models and new from single sixes-blackhawks and redhawks and would rate this Dragoon pretty close. They were imported by interarms at one time. I got mine for a tad under $300 in a trade with two extra sets of grips-Pachmayer and unknown by the previous owner a set of older Sambar Stags from Ajax Grips.I've been offered $450 but won't part with it. Grips are worth over $300 and it shoots like a dream. I'd post pics but don't what url I have. They are posted on the Smith & Wesson sight under other hand guns. In very good condition I wouldn't hesitate paying $300. Best regards

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    These guns are far underrated. I own two, have shot them a lot, and feel they have every bit the quality of rugers. Note, I also own and have owned several Rugers. Virginian Dragoons can be bought for $100.00 to $200.00 less than a Ruger and are every bit as good a quality.

Top Bottom