• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Ok so my friend ordered a handgun online (centerfireguns.com) and had it shipped to a local FFL, same as I always do. They give him a call to come pick it up, run a background check, and the guy comes back and says he has a 7 day waiting period before he can take it home. WTF? New to me, I am sure someone knows what the deal is here, but this has never happened to me or anyone else I've known before. So, what you guys think the deal is here?

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Sounds like crap. The normal delay time, (if he did get delayed by NICS) is 3 days, not 7.

Remember this is 3 "busness" days, weekends and "federal" holidays can stretch actual time out. The last time I was delayed, I had the check done on a Thurs, got delayed, Fri was a holiday and didn't count, Sat & Sun didn't count, Mon was another holiday, so my 3 days ended on Thursday, 7 days later. :dunno:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Wow, I hope this never happens to me!

Meh.
    Other than an inconvenience, it's no big deal.
    Just provide contact information for yourself, because sometimes NICS calls back with a "proceed" an hour or so later. You want the FFL to have a way to contact you if that happens...

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Meh.
    Other than an inconvenience, it's no big deal.
    Just provide contact information for yourself, because sometimes NICS calls back with a "proceed" an hour or so later. You want the FFL to have a way to contact you if that happens...

True not a big deal, but when I get my hands on something nice enough that I want to buy it, I wanna walk out the door with it then and there!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    True not a big deal, but when I get my hands on something nice enough that I want to buy it, I wanna walk out the door with it then and there!

Completely understandable. I tried doing the "layaway" thing once.
    Put it on layaway on a Saturday....ended up taking it home with me on Monday. I just couldn't stand leaving it there...so I understand the point very clearly! :D

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

I got together with some of my gf's family to buy her dad a 22 for his birthday. I got delayed on the transfer so we had to give him the owners manual instead. He looked at it for quite a while before he understood what it was. It was really pretty funny because he kept telling me about this 572 Remington he had way back in the day. Well he said "no way" about 10 times when he saw that owners manual.

Top Bottom