• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Spotted this on gunbroker while looking for mags. Gen 1 Walther P99 with a "buy it now" of $1,650.

Walther P99 100% German 1998 Not S&W Collectors LR : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I kinda believe the seller is misinformed based on the description. Correct me If I'm wrong but didn't S&W just act as an importer for Walther back in the 2000's and now that partnership is dissolving due to Walther forming Walther America in Arkansas? Or am I missing something here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a true Walther 100% German Made P99 Dated Back to 1998. Very low reserve at $700 I beleive anything after 2000 was not 100% German made S&W purchased the company and put there name on it. This one is used but I would rate it a 8 out 10. Overall great shape for a 1998 Walther collectors P99. This will have a low reserve set. Please check out this website http://lundestudio.com/WaltherP99FAQ/ This will show you what you need to know when purchasing a Walther p99 mine has the "eagle over N" in all the right places. How do the Smith & Wesson SW99 and Walther P99 differ? The SW99 frame, although made by Walther in Germany, has a rounded trigger guard. The shape and composition of the SW99's slide is also different. The slide and barrel of the SW99 are stainless steel and melonite-finished. The slide and barrel of the P99 are steel and tennifer-treated. The P99 is considered by most to be superior to the SW99. KI is also on the Walther which means its a 1998. All this is on the website please take a look at it and fill free to ask any questions. This will come with everything pictured which is 4 mags 10 round 1 is S&W the case and paperwork (no manual). Sites and site tools Fobus holster and fobus 2 mag holder (as pictured)this is truly a one of a kind hard to find weapon. I have not noticed a true Walther on here for a long time. . Money order perfered no fees on CC Please know your local state and federal laws when purchasing this weapon. Please contact me with any questions and thanks for looking at my add. This will ship FFL TO FFL.

Last edited:

Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    Either this guy got screwed buying it himself and is trying pass on his good fortune, or he is just trying to find a uninformed buyer and screw them.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah that's what I figured too. I just bought a 90-95% Gen 1 Walther P99QA with two mags and factory accessories with the case and test target for $400. Dunno where he's getting $1650 from especially seeing all the mags for his are 10 rounders.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    if it was made in Germany it will have a Walther proof mark on every German part, it is an emblem of an eagle over an "N" the ones without this proof mark are manufactured by Smith and Wesson with permission from Walther to use the design and name.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    oh and mine is a first gen german made P99 that i gave $383 for used.

Ok, I just checked the link, this is your run of the mill GERMAN made first generation Walter P99, and yes it WAY over priced, oh and it is called a P99 because that is the year the firearm was designed and put into production. And its not a collectors item, there are rare ones bit this is not one of them. Its true value doesn't reach. Far over $500.

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    lol see I dunno where people are getting like the seller on gunbroker are getting over $1,000 for a basic Walther P99. If it was something limited edition like year 2000 commemorative or the MI6 edition then maybe I could see the price being that high but for a standard Gen 1? No thanks. :D

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah I saw that it sold for $700. But I couldn't get over his buy it now price was well over a grand for what it is.

Top Bottom