• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Why is the omission of a decocker worrisome? It functions just like other popular striker fired pistols such as the Glock, XD, M&P, etc. If you're looking for a striker fired pistol with a manual safety, they do make M&P's with safeties as well as XD's.

QingLong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Broke down and got one, ran some rounds through it today. WOW, the trigger reset is really short, just like they say. It's easy to double-tap without meaning to if, like me, you get sweaty palms after a few mags.
    The magazine release spring is also firmer than the one on the P22 and P99; my normal finger flick only moves it partway, so it's something I'll have to get used to.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have owned almost every modern handgun you can name. . .

and some not-so-modern ones, come to think of it. . .

and I can say without reservation that the PPQ is, hands down, the best production handgun on the planet today.

It has the size and capacity of the GLOCK 19 (an iconic handgun).
    It has the ergonomics of the P99 and then some (stunning).
    It has a slide that narrows at the top making it even MORE slim to carry concealed (better than the GLOCK 19).
    It has a trigger better than ANY other striker fired pistol (and more comfortable than a 1911 trigger with its sharp edges).
    It is as accurate as any production gun out there.
    It is COMPLETELY ambidextrous.
    It is a soft shooting platform.

I have owned four P99s in the past and always got rid of them either for the long double/ single action trigger or for the fact that the decocker was hard to actuate (I'm a lefty). Well, they got this one right!

If you are carrying this weapon, you are starting out with an unfair advantage over anyone carrying anything else! That is the plain truth of it, my friends!

Pick one up and try the trigger. If you have the capacity to appreciate such things, you will not leave the store the same as when you walked in.

Enjoyed the great review!

Vanguard.45

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    Great review! I thought I was satisfied with my P30 until I saw this review. I paid a lot more for my H&K and I think the trigger on the PPQ would be an improvement. Now I'm jonesin for a PPQ.

Top Bottom