but I'd like to hear from someone who has shot one.:dunno:

:ingo::patriot:

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I carry one daily when at work. My job has a strict no gun policy so I needed something very concealable. I carry the pps in my back pocket in a desantis pocket holster, and when I'm not at work and when I can't conceal on of my larger guns it rides with me in a Comp-tac M-tac. I always carry it with a 6 round magazine in the gun and a spare 8 round mag in my pocket. Overall it shoots just OK for me (I am much more accustom to DA/SA style trigger pulls), but It has been 100% reliable so far. The PPS has effectively replaced my old summer carry gun (a Sig P239) because the PPS is so easy to conceal.

Gratuitous PPS pics

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    My wife had one. I personally hated it. She couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it and frankly I didn't do well with it either. In fairness, they are very nice, well made guns. I just found it difficult to shoot. Another downside is the $55 magazines IF you can find any.

Overall, I'd give it about a 5.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I had an early PPS and traded it off after only one trip to the range. I was very unimpressed with the ergonomics and handling, and the accuracy was only so-so. For less than half the price of the PPS I got a Ruger LC9 that has been 100% reliable, fits my hand perfectly, and is more accurate for me than any other handgun its size. :twocents:

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Friend has one. Seems happy enough with it. I have not shot it. They have always looked "top heavy" to me or more to the point, always looked like they have an unnecessarily high bore axis which would increase flip and lessen follow up accuracy.

Being a lefty, it was on my list to consider.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I really like mine, it replaced a Kahr PM 40, as I consolidated to 9mm. The mag release is a bit funky, by you will not ever accidentally lose your magazine. Its a little different, but I can see the reasoning. The trigger is almost identical to the Glock, pull the slide and the mechanism even looks the same. I much prefer the Walther mags to the Kahr mags, especially the extended magazines, but the PPS mags are certainly pricey. There is no pain shooting the PPS, it shoots like a full sized gun for me. I'm not a huge fan of the quicksafe backstrap, but it seems to be built well, so I'm not worried about it. It is bigger than the smallest Kahrs, but it is easier to control as well, and will fit in a pocket with the flush magazine. I recommend them, but I got a really good price on mine used. I wouldn't pay the $600-700 they go for new.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Friend has one. Seems happy enough with it. I have not shot it. They have always looked "top heavy" to me or more to the point, always looked like they have an unnecessarily high bore axis which would increase flip and lessen follow up accuracy.

Being a lefty, it was on my list to consider.

If you end up shooting it, I don't think you will find it top heavy. I don't think they have a high bore axis either, at least compared to something like a Sig. Since you're a lefty, I'd give it a try, I like mine much more than I thought I would.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    2yrs and counting

I really like my PPS 9mm! I like the way it shoots and it's easy to conceal. I've put about 700 rounds through mine with no problems. It shoots everything I've fed it. It doesn't hurt your hand and wrist like some other sub compacts do. It has a big three dot sights which is easy to quickly get on target. I have no trouble hitting an plate at 25yds with it which is far enough for a self defence weapon(you'd better have a good lawyer if you're using it at that distance anyway!) The trigger might as well be a Glock trigger. It's break point and reset are almost the same as my Glock 19. I don't carry a spare mag so tactical reloads aren't something I practice therefore the mag release being different doesn't bother me. Only a couple of cons...it's pricey, somewhat limited selection of holsters and the large ejector sometimes throws brass up and not to the side. I've tried many other subcompact pistols and I've yet to find anything I think is as good as the PPS. I don't regret purchasing mine at all! Good luck! :):

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I have been looking at the PPS for my fiance. I am curious whether there was any pinch at the gap in the mag extension of the 8 round mag while firing? I am afraid it is all for not. It does not appear that she can work the slide. Too bad, I was looking forward to carrying the PPS when she was not.....

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    it seems like it would be nice but overpriced like a lot of smith and wesson offerings...although I do have an eye on a walther ppk...i love those pistols but they are 500 bucks for a 380...hurts so much

Top Bottom