Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    FN FNP9
    Nice pistol. Feels good in the hand.
    Shoots well...eats everything.
    got my online for $395. with 5 mags.

I don't know if the sale is still going on but you could pick one up from Bradis for $399.00 I believe was the recent sale price.

I love my fnp9. Shoots great. I got mine at bradis with 5 mags.

The one I picked up from Bradis also came with 5 mags.

bab2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    SW Fort Wayne
    A Sig Sauer SP2022 is a compact sized double stack with a true DA/SA trigger that is as smooth as any I have used.

For a striker type, the XDM 3.8 also fits the bill.

Another Sig that will fit your budget is the compact P250, a DA trigger that is very accurate as well.

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So I am wanting a new 9mm for under 500. Something comparable in size to a Glock 19 with double stack mag. Any suggestions?

Check out Midwest in Mishawaka. Their current ad has several good brands in 9mm under $500. Just check it out. Brand new under $500.

No, I do not get a commission or kick back.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    CZ-75??

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but you would be hard pressed to buy a better gun than a CZ-75.
    They can be had NIB in the higher range of your price point. Check a few of them out before you buy--I think you will LIKE...Bill.

Thor20003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I would recommend you look at a Bersa. You can get a Bersa Ultra compact 9mm for around $400. They are double stack, 13+1, and all metal.

I would put it up against any other gun in the price range and even higher.

They are ultra reliable and great shooters.

Thanks

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    +1 for the CZ, the 75 compact would be closer to the size you're looking for I think though. I have a S&W M&P and two CZ75 compacts, I like the CZs better. I was shooting one of them today, shooting off hand had no trouble hitting some sporting clays I had set out on the 25 yard berm. One of my CZs is factory stock, the other I converted to single action only.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    P95 reliability

Has anyone here ever owned/fired a Ruger P95? My brother is looking into one, mostly because he likes the big it has. Thought someone here might know something about the reliability and quality of the gun.

I had a P95 for years and never had a problem with it. (I got it when they first came out and sold it a few years ago to my regret) As far a 9mm pistols go, it is a tank ... large and almost unstoppable.

Back when it came out, I thought I remember one of the gun mags had a big article on how amazingly well it did in some extended torture tests, but I cannot find a link to the article now. (I did find this 2005 GunWeek.com article, however)

The only real downside I remember was that I was never as accurate with it as I was a Glock, 1911, or even a S&W 640.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom