• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Howdy all,

I get the marketing emails from camping survival and figured I’d pass along what I think is a good deal. 39.xx dollars 9E1AD1A6-DFAA-42E4-9A13-3F314583A394.png

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I have a regular faraday bag for my phone. A waterproof version might be nice for kayaking and camping.

What type of use are you thinking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I have a regular faraday bag for my phone. A waterproof version might be nice for kayaking and camping.

What type of use are you thinking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Back when I was in college I spent ten days backpacking in the river canyons of Utah. Lining with a trash bag was enough to keep everything dry. I 1. Didn’t have many electronics I had to worry about keeping fry and 2. Had a much shorter expectation of durability.
    For this item specifically though my kids are getting old that we have gone on our first canoeing trip (just a few miles) and I see how everything gets some water on it in the bottom of our boat. This would be a perfect dual use item for the nice camera, baofeng or any number of other things when out on the water and also serve as a nice cage for the electronics in my go bag (baofeng, headlamp and battery pack off the top of my head).
    Need to do more research on if small electronics are susceptible to an “average” event but I’d hate to be without electronics because I read small devices would be fine.
    Final thought is the regular bags are expensive. Fifteen to twenty bucks for one that only fits a phone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not to be a debbie downer, but did you know their pricing structure on these BEFORE This "sale"?

Not saying its not a good deal, but often companies will highly advertise a "deep discount sale", but if you happened to know of them prior you'll notice its only a slight discount. E.g. they may sell the bag normally for $60 but put it on sale for $50 and advertise it as a "50% off sale!" claiming MSRP of $100. (even though they dont normally sell it at MSRP)

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Not to be a debbie downer, but did you know their pricing structure on these BEFORE This "sale"?

Not saying its not a good deal, but often companies will highly advertise a "deep discount sale", but if you happened to know of them prior you'll notice its only a slight discount. E.g. they may sell the bag normally for $60 but put it on sale for $50 and advertise it as a "50% off sale!" claiming MSRP of $100. (even though they dont normally sell it at MSRP)
    Definitely, I spent ten years in retail management and helped make sure every weeks “sales” were signed correctly.

Top Bottom