• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I need some more ammo (who doesn't) and found some for a really good price but there was a hundred dollar minimum purchase requirement. Odd, but ok, it comes with free shipping. When I went to pay they said they only took vanilla gift cards or Bitcoin. I thought well, maybe that's to avoid purchase tracking by big brother. Also odd, but this ammo is half price. On the vanilla gift card website I saw a warning stating if a website only took them and no other form of payment it was a scam. Makes sense, there's no way to track your purchase and defend yourself when you never get the product. Upon returning to the website I saw several clues it was not legit. If never run into that before so thought I'd share.

www.raniersec.com

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Another one for you (maybe). Muffeyfirearms. They’ve got a smokin’ deal on a pistol I’ve been searching for, but if you scroll to the bottom of any product page, you’ll find their tagged search terms and the overwhelming majority of said terms include the words “illegal” and “black market.”

They also state serving the “black market” on their mission statement page and have some shall we say “unorthodox” payment methods (zelle, crypto, etc.) in addition to standard credit and the like. Can’t find anything on them via internet search. Anyone with experience dealing with Muffey Firearms?

Edit: I’d like to add they seem to have a $250 purchase minimum.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Definitely scams. Keep spreading the word. This was talked about in another thread as well recently. Cant remember which one at the moment but there are a bunch of these sites floating around right now. My big thing to check, and so far it's worked every time, is see if they have primers. If they do it's probably a scam. If they have every possible primer and all in stock at better prices, its definitely a scam.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Remember to click all the flashing links that say download or tell you about the hot single asian women in your area. Also the people calling about your car's extended warranty and the ongoing audit of your finances by the IRS need your social, mother's maiden name, and the three digits on the back.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Considering this is what I do for a living (not scamming but Computer Security).
    I can tell you this website is a scam.

The does use Cloud flair for DDOS protection, but it also is used to hide the real location of the website.
    The SSL certificate is the Cloudflair SNI cert. This is a HUGE red flag.
    Reviewing the domain registration (AKA Whois). The domain was registered about a year ago.. but was "updated" 8-26-2021.
    The Registrant, Admin and Technical contacts are all in Reykjavik. Again another huge Redflag.

If you look up the address in their "Contact US" you don't a warehouse or retail store front.

Google the website shows major issues with it. Someone actually went to their location and there was not locations.

The "to good to be true" really hits hard for this sites.

Good catch.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    A friend just told me he bought small pistol primers online today for $40 a thousand but you had to buy $250 worth and pay with Venmo. :shady: . I have a feeling he will be waiting a while for the primers. Stay alert INGO, this is only going to get worse.
    I think your buddy got taken....

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    A friend just told me he bought small pistol primers online today for $40 a thousand but you had to buy $250 worth and pay with Venmo. :shady: . I have a feeling he will be waiting a while for the primers. Stay alert INGO, this is only going to get worse.
    I saw the same deal and thought it was too good. And the fact they took Bitcoin as payment was a clue

Henry Firearms sent this out today warning about the scam. Your friend unfortunately probably got taken!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m on a few Facebook reloading groups, and people ask all the time “if so and so are legit they have primers in stock!” I always post “two ways to tell if it’s a scam”

1…if they say they have them “in stock”…it’s a scam!
    2…if they sell them for less than 70 a brick… it’s a scam!

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I need some more ammo (who doesn't) and found some for a really good price but there was a hundred dollar minimum purchase requirement. Odd, but ok, it comes with free shipping. When I went to pay they said they only took vanilla gift cards or Bitcoin. I thought well, maybe that's to avoid purchase tracking by big brother. Also odd, but this ammo is half price. On the vanilla gift card website I saw a warning stating if a website only took them and no other form of payment it was a scam. Makes sense, there's no way to track your purchase and defend yourself when you never get the product. Upon returning to the website I saw several clues it was not legit. If never run into that before so thought I'd share.

www.raniersec.com
    Gingerbeardman, thanks for the information. Always someone out there trying to take advantage of others.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I saw the same deal and thought it was too good. And the fact they took Bitcoin as payment was a clue

Henry Firearms sent this out today warning about the scam. Your friend unfortunately probably got taken!

i got that email from Henry, and the scammer offering a free rifle or some such B.S. I saw it was from Henry and quickly realized it was just another attempt to scam me. I get multiple emails daily offering me free gun related crap. It all ends up in the spam folder. On that note, the worst spammers are the folks in the Republican Party. Good grief I get at least 70 emails a day and multiple texts.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    i got that email from Henry, and the scammer offering a free rifle or some such B.S. I saw it was from Henry and quickly realized it was just another attempt to scam me. I get multiple emails daily offering me free gun related crap. It all ends up in the spam folder. On that note, the worst spammers are the folks in the Republican Party. Good grief I get at least 70 emails a day and multiple texts.
    I believe the NRA has the Republicans beat ten fold on e mail solicitation!!! LOL

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I have run across a few that are run like that. The latest was one that only took Zelle payment and you had to send the payment to their email and not thru the standard checkout on their site.

I feel like a lot of these have popped up recently with the price jump and scarcity of product availability.

Top Bottom