• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadowmun43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Hello my question is some fellow opionators say if you wear web gear it could make you a bullet magnet,ok so lets see from a distance most people is going to see your BOB first unless it's a civilian pack cause I know most of us use alice packs so the pack is what they will see from a distance before the web gear any how your going to still look para military which I feel it may deter the average unprepared bad guy or criminal from trying to rob you and the family,whats your thought on this?thanks for your input. :ar15:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If someone sees that you have "something" - no matter how it's packaged, they might want to take it. After all, YOU have, THEY don't. "Gimme".:(

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I won't allow such shenanigans within my borders.

YMMV on the backpack. There are millions of people with millions of different opinions, and they're all going to be out there.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If SHTF, EVERYONE is going to be paranoid. That said, I've seen plenty of camo-type daypacks/computer bags carried by folks in civilian clothes who were not obviously military. Much like during/after the Vietnam conflict, milsurp clothing and equipment make the rounds at colleges and schools because they're relatively cheap and some people can use them to make a "statement".

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Hello my question is some fellow opionators say if you wear web gear it could make you a bullet magnet,ok so lets see from a distance most people is going to see your BOB first unless it's a civilian pack cause I know most of us use alice packs so the pack is what they will see from a distance before the web gear any how your going to still look para military which I feel it may deter the average unprepared bad guy or criminal from trying to rob you and the family,whats your thought on this?thanks for your input. :ar15:

I have military packs but carry a plain looking Coleman backpack in my trunk. It may just be me but I could see someone not wanting to help you or look at you as a threat if you are wearing camo or look remotely military:twocents:

Top Bottom