What is the most beautiful rifle ever made, to you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1776goat

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 8, 2023
    Nashville
    When it comes to looks there is just something about a bolt gun for me. I think CZ makes a beautiful rifle. Going to pull the trigger on a 600 lux in 30-06 to match my 457 lux soon. Screenshot_20240118_194448_Brave.jpg
    On the other end of the spectrum from classic, I LOVE the look of the .308 GF bolt gun. A little too much coin for me to justify, but man it's a looker. Screenshot_20240118_194308_Brave.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    View attachment 324689
    .17 HM2 Kimber Pro-Varmint in a Numrich pretty stock.

Don't see many HM2 rifles. Here's my CZ 452 in 17 HM2. CZ got into a boatload of bodacious figured walnut at one point. I have similar grain patterns on this 452, a 527 Hornet, and a 550 Mannlicher in .243, all built around the same time frame.

This 452 shoots as good as it looks. Maybe betterer:

452 hm2.jpg

452 hm2b.jpg

S

skretsinger

Colt sauer made bolt actions for a short while 50ish years ago. The fit and finish is 2nd to none. They are stunning, if you've never seen one Google it. They've held their value quite well. They had hand worked triggers, tapered barrels, and glass bedded from the factory. It was an off the shelf custom rifle. But I'm a sucker for bolt actions...

S

skretsinger

Hard to vote against a classic lever gun. I grew up in the Appalachian mountains, and the 99s were very popular there, and piles of deer have been harvested with them, particularly in PA where you couldn't use a semi auto. 300 Savage was ahead of its time, and would still be popular if it wasn't for .308 IMHO. I definitely would love to own one. A good friend had a 99 in .243 it was very accurate.

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    Not my rifle* (yet)
    IMG_9318.jpeg
    But in my opinion. The Ruger AC-556K in stainless finish, is the most beautiful rifle ever made. It’s always been my dream to own one. And it’s the rifle that got me into firearms when I played Vice City as a kid. (And no I’ve never watched A-Team as it was before my generation lol)

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Hard to vote against a classic lever gun. I grew up in the Appalachian mountains, and the 99s were very popular there, and piles of deer have been harvested with them, particularly in PA where you couldn't use a semi auto. 300 Savage was ahead of its time, and would still be popular if it wasn't for .308 IMHO. I definitely would love to own one. A good friend had a 99 in .243 it was very accurate.
    .284 Win could be had in the 99 and not a bad replacement for. 308. (Except for availability)

MH

Top Bottom