What should I buy for my wife to carry while jogging?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just for perspective, I'm reminded how we used to jog with things like a Sony Walkman. No, not the current mp3 Walkmans. I'm talking about the old bricks that played cassette tapes. Yeah baby! We were happy to jog with these - uphill even (both ways)!

They were bulkier and heavier than lots of the small handguns available today. We've gotten soft I tell ya!

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Just for perspective, I'm reminded how we used to jog with things like a Sony Walkman. No, not the current mp3 Walkmans. I'm talking about the old bricks that played cassette tapes. Yeah baby! We were happy to jog with these - uphill even (both ways)!

They were bulkier and heavier than lots of the small handguns available today. We've gotten soft I tell ya!

You forgot through the snow.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I don't like the way the commercial implies that people are leaving guns lying around.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    What is the number one piece of advice people tell you about personal safety.

"don't put yourself in that situation"

I think that you should:

1. Run with her or find her a running partner (animal maybe)

2. Convince her that the probability of her being attacked where she is exercising is greater than somewhere else....say....a high school track.

3. Train her to use her body to defend a close up attack (which it sounds like this would be...ie: rape, battery, etc)

please...what ever you do...make sure she can shoot whatever you get her. Make sure whatever she gets, she likes.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I really agree with what AJBB87 noted above - avoid if at all possible, but in some scenarios / environments carrying may not work so you might consider as an alternative to OC spray the Pepper Blasters from Kimber. I'm thinking especially if you / she goes the route of running in the free fire zones, er, I mean gun free zones like the school tracks etc.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The guy in that S&W video/commercial should showed up at that girl's house to go out for a night on the town. That would have tied it all together nicely.

Top Bottom