• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    Make .300 Blackout brass of coarse. :) I really wanted to fire my new Daniel Defense this week-end, but my bullets are on the slow donkey-ride from MidwayUSA. So I fugured I would get up and knock out some brass. I picked up a large amount of 5.56 brass from a fellow INGO member (for a great price!!) and started the journey of making my own 300 brass.

I don't have a fancy high-speed case trimmer and stuff, so I checked out Youtube and decided to go with the method(s) I thought worked best.

picture.php

Thanks to Profire Supply, I scored a Case-prep station yesterday. That thing is a life-saver for sure!! Before, it took so long with a hand deburring and reaming tools. It is a lot of work for sure, but when there are crappy, cold days, this gives you something to do. Much cheaper too. I saved about $100/thousand doing this myself. :thumbsup:

Here is some of the results. These were before I got the Case prep station. Still have a final tumble to go. Only 3200 pieces left to finish:

picture.php

Again, a big thanks to Profire Supply! If you haven't checked them out, you really need to. Great guys, good service, and they stock stuff you normally have to have shipped. A+

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Looks nice. Profire is definitly a reloaders dream store. Are you going to be shooting supressed? What is a good bullet for unsupressed out of a 16" barrel.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I personally haven't decided whether I am going to get a can or not. So right now, everything I am going to load will be super-sonic. As far as your question, most of the subsonic loads I have seen have used a 220grain bullet. I am sure you can use other weights on the upper end of the scale, but to be honest, I haven't crossed that bridge yet.

Sagamore - One

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Near Bippus
    I think this Blackout cartrige would be GREAT in the new Mossberg bolt gun that takes AR 15 magazines. I have images of threaded barrel, suppressor ready, with a red dot sight.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Looks nice. Profire is definitly a reloaders dream store. Are you going to be shooting supressed? What is a good bullet for unsupressed out of a 16" barrel.

My supersonic bullet of choice is the Speer TNT 125 gr. same basic ballistics as the 7.62x39 with a great bullet.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County

Boy, I didn't read your post to well did I? :n00b: I thought you were asking about suppressed shooting.

Slow hand is correct, the Speer TNT 125Grain is a great choice. That's what I have coming from Midway.

Sorry about the failure to read.

Top Bottom