• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've noticed there a lot of ammo, that are label as practice round, the bullet is made of powder copper, if you shoot some one what type of wound do you think it would do:dunno::dunno::dunno:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I've noticed there a lot of ammo, that are label as practice round, the bullet is made of powder copper, if you shoot some one what type of wound do you think it would do:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Well Gunman, know anyone with an outdoor place to shoot? I would try the old water in a milk jug trick and see how many it would go through. Wouldn't be a self defense round, but it would be nice to know if they were any good in case zombies attacked while you were at the range!:D

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have read quite a bit on this, and I would say the wound channel would be shallow, but big and ugly.:twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Isn't that sort of what they use on airplanes?

:rolleyes: :n00b:

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet and hear in gun shops.

The US Federal Air Marshals carry either Sig 239 or Sig 229 pistols chambered in .357Sig. Their issued ammo is the Speer Gold Dot 125gr GDHP.

As far as I know, they've NEVER carried any kind of "frangible" bullet.

Contrary to Hollywood movies and general Western-society ignorance, a few tiny bullet holes in a plane fuselage won't cause any kind of explosive decompression and suck people out. Pure myth.*

*explosive decompression isn't a myth, but that bullet holes causing it is

-J-

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I think most of the pre-formed copper frangible bullets don't break up at all unless they hit a hard surface. They might not break up at all in a human body. They are quite a bit different than something like a Glaser or MagSafe. They might be good for steel shooting, though. Here's one gel test:

Speer Lawman 90gr Frangible FMJ

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I think most of the pre-formed copper frangible bullets don't break up at all unless they hit a hard surface. They might not break up at all in a human body. They are quite a bit different than something like a Glaser or MagSafe. They might be good for steel shooting, though. Here's one gel test:

Speer Lawman 90gr Frangible FMJ
    ^^^^
    This
    Kodiak range uses frangible ammo I can tell you they will take apart a cinder block so I would expect them to act the same as copper jacketed ball ammo. They are designed to break apart when they hit anyting harder than the projectile car doors, drywall, glass stand no chance. I doubt flesh and bones would do much.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    ^^^^
    This
    Kodiak range uses frangible ammo I can tell you they will take apart a cinder block so I would expect them to act the same as copper jacketed ball ammo. They are designed to break apart when they hit anyting harder than the projectile car doors, drywall, glass stand no chance. I doubt flesh and bones would do much.
    Excellent, Like the idea that it could do the job, if need be;)

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    They're nasty. The ones with a HP and decent jacket are great performers. 100% energy transfer. I'm currently testing the 150g 30 cal barnes MPG in 300 blk and 308win.

Top Bottom