• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't want to be too specific and throw a brand under the but just yet. So this might be just a little vague
    So, I have a gun that I found out had an open recall due to the safety not always engaging allowing the gun to fire with the safety on. I sent it in for the recall repair. 8 weeks later I received it back and took it out to shoot. Now, the trigger has an excessive amount of sloppy take up and just feels kind of gritty and isn't crisp at all when it breaks. It's so noticable that there seems to be a very slight delay between when I pull the trigger and the gun actually going off.
    I have never experienced anything like this with any gun I've ever shot, even much lower cost guns. Per the paperwork returned with the gun says the recall was completed and it was test fired and passed.

So my debate is should I roll the dice and send it back? My concern is that they will test it and send it back as nothing wrong which would only tick me off all over again. Or would you just cut your losses and send it down the road? Downside to that is then it becomes someone else's problem.

The gun was a smooth shooter before the recall was completed. But, a friend sent his for that same recall at the beginning of August and still hasn't received his back yet. So, who knows how long it would be there if sent back. That's on top of I never received any notification the gun was being shipped back to me and I just happened to be home on the 3rd and final attempt by FedEx to deliver it. So I'm kind of not impressed with their customer service.

So let's hear it how would you proceed?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would bite the bullet, and contact Customer support, and see what they say. I have personally sold guns that didn't do "it" for me, but if you like the gun, get it fixed. just my opinion....Good luck!!
    Agreed. I’d call, email if I had too.

You might just google around and see if this is a common complaint after the repairs. Could be a known issue with mitigations already figured out.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    You bought it and it is yours. I would send it back and enclose a written note of exactly what isn't complete. Ask for 100% satisfaction with a product that is their customer service warranty.
    3rd time is a charm. Might get a spare mag or 20% off on accessories.
    Good luck.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I would bite the bullet, and contact Customer support, and see what they say. I have personally sold guns that didn't do "it" for me, but if you like the gun, get it fixed. just my opinion....Good luck!!
    Is the gun in question a pistol? If so don't buy pistols that have manual safeties. One less thing to f**k up.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Actually it's a CZ All American Trap shotgun.

Honestly I never use the safety on a trap gun anyway because I only load a shell when it's my turn to shoot. But figured if I were to ever trade it to upgrade, it would be best to have it done in advance.
    I wasn't overly impressed with their customer service when it took 2 weeks to ship it back to me after repairs were completed and never even knew it was coming when they did ship it.

Based on other stories about CZ customer service, I was expecting better follow up.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Have a .308 rifle that is a tack driver. With adjustable trigger.
    Recall. Trigger is no longer adjustable. And is far heavier than I would like.
    Still a tack driver.
    But I also wish I had never sent it in. Evidenced none of the issues in recall.

call and see what they say

FrankFaFa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2023
    New York
    Sounds similar to trigger complaints that Walther PPS m2 owners went through some years ago. Triggers coming back from the recall worst then when sent in. My PPS went in and came out the same. A striker fire trigger.
    If you got the dough and like a manual safety, get into 1911s. Good triggers!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I gave CZ a call and spoke with a representative who told me the gun was modified for the recall repair. I was also told that the gun passed their functions tests and was test fired and was within spec when it shipped. Even after I expressed my displeasure, I was told I could ship it back and if there is a defect found it would be covered by their warranty. However, if they don't find anything wrong then the cost will be on me.

So I could potentially be on the hook for shipping both ways and maybe a fee for inspecting the gun. At least that's how I'm understanding it.

I'm going to sleep on it and see what my thoughts are tomorrow.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    After thinking long and hard about this, I've decided I'm going to send it down the road. Maybe someone else will be more comfortable with what I consider excessive trigger take up.
    I'm just not going to deal with it and I'm not going to spend money on an issue the manufacturer caused.

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion on how you would proceed.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    After thinking long and hard about this, I've decided I'm going to send it down the road. Maybe someone else will be more comfortable with what I consider excessive trigger take up.
    I'm just not going to deal with it and I'm not going to spend money on an issue the manufacturer caused.

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion on how you would proceed.
    Probably the best resolution.

Top Bottom