• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJT*90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    So my buddy has a Glock 23 with two 10 round mags, two 13 round mags, a 31 round mag, the Glock tactical light, manuals, and the case. He's considering selling it, and we talked a bit about it. The price we agreed to, if he sells it, is $450. So my question is, do you think this is a good price? Another thing to consider, the gun doesn't have a ton of rounds threw it. Also I've shot it, and have become comfortable with it.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    That is a good buy with all the extra magazines, tactical light and original case and manuals. I would jump on that deal and I am able to purchase new Glocks for $425 through GSSF.

JJT*90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Ok, I thought that was a good deal, but I just wanted to be sure. Unfortunately he isn't selling it right now. He's only thinking about selling it and buying something else. I told him the offer was good for a while but I couldn't guarantee it forever. Sadly I'm only 19, so I'm really limited on buying a handgun, since the seller can't have a FFL. Thanks for the input.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Forget the light, and get a price without it. Glock tact lights are garbage of the highest degree.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I have to honestly say, coming from an XD fanboy recently converted back to Glock fanboy:

I'd pay up to 85% of current market trending brand-new/Retail. My two used glocks I've purchased have been just as good if not better than all the brand new firearms I've purchased. While your mileage may vary, this is my experience. Just look @ My signature - seems to stand true as most glocks have a pretty good resale value.

EDIT: Being that it's a Gen 3/4, I'd say pull the trigger on $450. It sounds like a good deal. Unsure if you like Gen 2's but I've grown accustomed to the finger grooves.

Last edited:

JJT*90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Honestly 'm not to concerned about the light. If I don't like it I can resell it. I already own a TRL-1s that I could put on it if I wanted.

I don't really know anything about the different generations of Glocks. I'm fairly new to handguns. However I have shot a few and I liked the Glock the best. That's sort of how I decided I wanted one.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    One of the ways to use INGO is to do a search for Glock 23 for sale. Look through all the closed threads to see what they sold for. That will give you an idea of the market value. As others have stated, you will need to add in something for the extra mags and the light.

Go here for information on the differences in Glocks from gen 1 to gen 4.

Good luck on your purchase.

JJT*90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    As I said I'm not sure which gen it is, but I know its fairly new. I really need to read up on that. Probably will early next week, time permitting.

JJT*90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    It's his only handgun, so I'd bet he throw in any ammo he still has. Probably a box or two. Although I'm not worried about the ammo.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    JJ sometimes we base our decisions on a few tangibles, Starting with it's a "GLOCK", next, it is reasonably priced with extras, and finally, what is my (and my family's lives/if you have one) worth?

many sid my latest glock purchase was about $50 above used market value, but 2nd gen Glocks, with original box and papers in 95% condition are worth the extra $ (IMHO).

Then there are those who say, Join Glock Shooters Sports Federation (GSSF) and get a certificate for a new Glock at $398.20 ea. OK, GSSF is a nice club to be part of.
    Cost $35 a year, add that to $398.20, any x-tras come with it? LGS going to toss in x-tra mags/light/ammo................not likely.

Now $450 doesn't seem too bad. Our own F/S section and/or www.armslist.com

search : Indiana/Glocks is where I go.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    yes, personally I would try paying about 425 without any holster involved but the mags are a good addition

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It's a good deal on the surface but what seals it for me is you know the guy and about how many rounds he has put through it. For almost any pistol it isn't really showing any wear for several thousand rounds and you can even consider that he has broken it in for you without you paying for a lot of ammo. Plus if he's a good friend he wouldn't sell you anything with a problem. Grab it.

Top Bottom