• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I've heard them called several things. Bug out bag, GO (Get out) bag, GOOD (Get out of dodge) bag, etc. They all seem to have 1 of 2 things in common. They're either 1. The most basic essentials for survival. Or 2. Basic essentials for 3 days worth of complete self sufficiency.

So, what's in your bag? Where did you start in building your bag?

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    There are many threads listing what people have in their bags. Sorry but I don't have the time to search for them, but I know in one I put pictures up of what was in my every day carry bag which serves as a get home bag, three day bag, bug out bag.. I have a second level bag for hitting the road and truly bugging out to a fall back location.. In a truly SHTF condition my issue is what I think I need weights abotu 75 pounds..

Put in your bag what you think you will need, make sure you know how to use each and every item..

Water, Shelter, Food, Defense, Evade, Survive is a simple train of thought, I try to keep three methods of each with me.

Good luck, I think everyone has to evolve their bag to theri needs, time of the year, surroundings, etc.

Plainfield259

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    I have several items while still trying to keep it light. Obviously, I have a bag for each family member (including the dogs if time allows). My bag is the heaviest of the groups for obvious reasons. My included items are as follows:
    Fishing Kit
    Sewing Kit
    1 set of clothes
    Small stove
    3 days of food
    cyalume sticks
    water filter and tablets
    duct tape
    med kit
    small tarp
    sani wipes
    toilet paper
    fire starting materials
    Iosat
    knives guns
    2-way radio
    Copy of all important documents (waterproof paper)
    Multi Tool
    Batteries
    flashlightS
    Lots of other items

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ug_out_bag_feel_free_to_make_suggestions.html

Search feature works well:): There is no right combination of gear, only what works for you. Gather all of the items you think will be nesicary and take them out for a two day trip. Then after your trip decide which are useless. After that trip take another one and again decide which are useless. I use the items in my pack on a regualar basis. They work well and are worth there weight. My folding knife is under fire right now! Second time the torsin spring has broken. Good news is my k-bar is 100% functional!

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    This probably doesn't need to be said..... at least to those of us whom are 'prepared'. But for those peeps who are just now thinking about putting a Go-bag together.... or are re-thinking theirs, remember this.

Small water-proof containers (tubes), made of poly or aluminum or titanium... can be priceless. You can carry consumable foods/liquids; wooden matches; maps; medicines, etc in them. And they don't weigh much, and don't take up much space....

Also, I have both an aluminum walking stick; shooting sticks (also known as 'buffalo' sticks); and an aluminum adjustable-length cane (dark brown, for obvious reasons).... among the things I would be leaving with.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    I have a pack I call my "get home bag" just in case I'm at work and need to get home and I am not able to drive. The longest I think it would take me would be 4 days to get to my house. But here is my list.
    1. 4 stripped down MRE's
    2. 2 qts of water in canteens {canteens are military and have the metal cups}
    3. US Navy knife
    4. first aid kit
    5. 50' of paracord
    6. Military rain poncho
    7. brown 8'x10' tarp
    8. fire starting equipment {several different methods}
    9. extra gloves and socks
    10. whistle
    11. small two way radio
    12. pocket knife
    13. multi tool
    14. space blanket
    15. trip wire {good for snares, plus other uses}
    16. charcoal {for filtering water}
    17. note pad and pen and pencil
    18. toilet paper

I'm sure there is more, but I can not think of it.
    hope this helps, and keep prepping.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom