• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a little Keltec PF9 that I really like due to it's size but I want something a little nicer with about the same dimensions.
    Suggestions?
    I have been thinking Kahr but have not ever shot one. I am not sure which model is similar

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    There is a thread going right now about a new Bersa, looks similar but a little more polished than the kel-tec. If money isnt really an issue, the Sig P290 is a little smaller, but quite a bit higher end than the PF-9. Honestly, I think the PF-9 is a great little 9, if you are wanting a little nicer gun, you might look into having the grip stippled, or a new paint job. my wife was tickled to death when I shaved the mold lines off and painted the blued slide with KG in a satin black.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Go here:

Mouseguns.Com

Click on "Pocket Gun chart by Bob O" on the right side.

Ruger LC9 is a little step up.

Kimber Solo is a step up in "classy" but may not be as reliable.

Sig P290 WITH the new extended magazine would be nice.

But..., probably the best option are the Kahrs.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just shot one of those earlier this week. OUCH. Only gun I've shot that really stings the hands. I had on wool gloves b/c we were outside, though, so it's possible it's just from not having a solid grip. It was accurate, though, why change it out?

I think the Kahr CM and PM 9s are pretty cool, feel very nice but have not shot one, yet. They are DAO as well, like the kel-tec.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The Sig is very slight smaller in height and length but is also both thicker and heavier. Staying in 9mm there just isn't much available in as small and thin a package. The Rohrbaugh R9S would be my choice of an alternative.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Yea it is a nice gun and I have a belt clip on it which I really like the convenience if just grab it and slip it on.

I am just thinking of upgrading is all.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    I have a Walther PPS 9mm that I absolutely love. Carries and shoots like a dream. Astoundingly accurate for a 3inch barrel sub-compact. Nice trigger for a carry gun as well, I never did like those super long and heavy trigger pulls of most "pocket" guns.

I was also cross shopping Kahrs, the Walther just fit me better.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My friend carries a Kahr PM9 off-duty. Having shot this gun I can say that I am very impressed with it. To be fair I have also shot the KelTec PF9 on more then one occasion. Can't say that I would give it the same favorable recommendation.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    +1 for the Ruger LC9. Its one of my favorite carry pieces great little pistol. If you want somthing to make a little more of a statement look into a CZ RAMI. Ive never owned one personally but my friend does and its a sweet little gun and its more unique if that matters to you.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I handled a CW9 a CM9 and a PPS today. The CW9 really appealed to me.

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    +1 for the Kahr line. I've carried a PM9 in my front pocket every day for the past couple of years. CM9 wasn't available when I got mine, but I would look at that if I were buying today. Also note that I had a PF9 prior to the Kahr. It shot well, but I didn't like the feel in my hand and I HATED the trigger - the actual trigger was very uncomfortable on my finger. The actual trigger on the PM9 is nice and smooth. The trigger pull is loooong but also very smooth.

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    I have a Kahr CW-9, very nice pistol. It's Kahr's entry level and can be picked up for a pretty reasonable price. Ther is a used one in Jasper IN for $320

Top Bottom