• ...and so much more!
  • Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    Hey Everyone

I’ve got a Kel Tec CP 33 that I’ve added a lot to. Now I’m looking to either sell or trade it. Wondering if anyone has experiences with places (websites, sporting megastores, ranges etc.) that will also pay out on all the add ons. Thanks in advance! IMG_3855.jpeg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Generally speaking, you'll find most people or places aren't going to pay much for add-ons, especially any place that is going to resell the gun after they buy it from you. The gun itself is what people are typically after. You'll need to either accept that and take the loss if you want to sell it all now or play the long game and sell the accessories separately for a better chance at recovering more of your investment. People are cheap and want a good deal on used (there are exceptions for hard to find, etc) and firearms dealers are even cheaper when it comes to buying used.

That being said, there are exceptions to upgrades or add-ons that could help the resale, but I don't see your Pinty red dot or MFT weapon light adding much, if any real value. Not trying to be rude, just being honest.

Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    Generally speaking, you'll find most people or places aren't going to pay much for add-ons, especially any place that is going to resell the gun after they buy it from you. The gun itself is what people are typically after. You'll need to either accept that and take the loss if you want to sell it all now or play the long game and sell the accessories separately for a better chance at recovering more of your investment. People are cheap and want a good deal on used (there are exceptions for hard to find, etc) and firearms dealers are even cheaper when it comes to buying used.

That being said, there are exceptions to upgrades or add-ons that could help the resale, but I don't see your Pinty red dot or MFT weapon light adding much, if any real value. Not trying to be rude, just being honest.
    Appreciate the feedback. I know the only real value is the mag and the brace

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The analogy I use is imagine accessorizing your leased vehicle. When you turn that back in, they are not going to give you anything for the upgrades you did on the vehicle.

In fact, they might even want to give you less because it is not what they were expecting.

To get someone to pay you the premium of all the taste specific add-ons you did, you would have to find someone with the exact same tastes you have. And that is very highly unlikely.

Your best bet would be to strip it down to factory config so you can get the most out of it that way, and then sell each individual accessory separately. You are more likely to find 10 people that want 10 different accessories than one person who wants all 10.

Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    The analogy I use is imagine accessorizing your leased vehicle. When you turn that back in, they are not going to give you anything for the upgrades you did on the vehicle.

In fact, they might even want to give you less because it is not what they were expecting.

To get someone to pay you the premium of all the taste specific add-ons you did, you would have to find someone with the exact same tastes you have. And that is very highly unlikely.

Your best bet would be to strip it down to factory config so you can get the most out of it that way, and then sell each individual accessory separately. You are more likely to find 10 people that want 10 different accessories than one person who wants all 10.
    I think this will be the route I end up going. See what I can even get for the gun and mags themselves and then piece out the rest. Thanks for the feedback

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    yeah, the last time I did the strip and flip I think I was able to sell 80% of the accessories doing it that way.

Top Bottom