Where to hunt birds or rabbit around Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Hello,

I recently started shooting trap and skeet. I've become fairly good at it and now want to try my hand at bird or rabbit hunting.

Are there any preserves or private facilities that will allow you to hunt for a fee around the Indy area?

I really don't know anyone that owns land in this area that would allow me to hunt.

Just looking for some advice as this is all pretty new to me.

Thanks

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Hello,

I recently started shooting trap and skeet. I've become fairly good at it and now want to try my hand at bird or rabbit hunting.

Are there any preserves or private facilities that will allow you to hunt for a fee around the Indy area?

I really don't know anyone that owns land in this area that would allow me to hunt.

Just looking for some advice as this is all pretty new to me.

Thanks

Closest public land to Indy for hunting are Atterbury Fish and Wildlife area, Yellowwood State Forest, and Morgan Monroe State Forest (at least the northernmost stretches of the two. From where I live (NW side of Indy), all of them are about an hour's drive.

I haven't seen any "rabbit land" to speak of in the latter two and haven't hunted Atterbury but some people recommended it when I was considering trying rabbit hunting (don't think I'll have the time). Atterbury has an advantage in that it's one of the places in the State which has an early opening Rabbit season.

Top Bottom