Where's a good deal on M1A magazines that work?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd like to buy some M1A magazines, and from what I've heard/read the Check Mate mags are the ones to get. So, are there better and more reliable mags out there than those? Where's a good deal on M1A mags? They don't quite seem to be as abundant as AR/AK mags lol.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Getting slightly off track, wasn't 44mag.com ridiculed a few years ago after Newtown? I remember something about taking pistols with 2 or 3 mags, yanking the spares, then selling guns with just 1 mag? Or they were selling high cap mags at a pretty high price? Something like that?

Just thought I'd ask since the CTD bashes and other companies doing the same.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't know about a good deal on them. The Check Mate (CMI) mags tend to run about $20 to $25 each. I think at this stage in the game, I would just go ahead and pay retail not knowing how things will be in 2 weeks.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    to the best of my knowledge 44mag.com doesn't and hasn't ever sold actual guns, only magazines. I am one of those CTD bashers and if 44mag.com did the same thing I'll be happy to find another dealer. I don't mind prices fluxuating with supply and demand, never have. My problem with CTD was when they came right out of the gate at $60 per pmag which in my opinion only poured gas on a fire.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've used 44mag.com several times, the CMI mags work great most of the time. Some of them hold the bolt back when there's still rounds in the magazine but other than that they're perfect. Best thing we can get anyways besides the high $$ springfield mags or USGI surplus that don't exist.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I only use GI surplus mags and have 50 now.Best place to get them is gun shows just dont buy the first you find there are great deals on them.

Top Bottom