Who are we supporting in the Middle East?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Psh since when do we think about who we are supporting. It's the lesser of two evils right? with the added bonus that they'll kill off a bunch of eachother.
    Having seen all the other middle eastern countries in which we 'helped rebels gain their freedom from oppressive govts.' we should all know by now that we are far better off not getting involved. It's not like we aren't perfectly fine supporting oppressive dictators in different parts of the middle east, why should we waste money and resources on a situation which can't possibly end well either way.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Of the school that
    "If we see that Germany is winning we ought to help Russia and if Russia is winning we ought to help Germany, and that way let them kill as many as possible"

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Israel's lineup is solid, top to bottom. Syria's rotation is thin after their ace. Also their bench is a bit thin. Iran doesn't have enough thump in their lineup but I understand they are developing that in the minors. Iraq has a lot of guys that can get on base but no one to drive them home. The Saudi's seem to be happy putting any old team on the field and just raking in the gate receipts. I guess I'll go with Israel.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Israel's lineup is solid, top to bottom. Syria's rotation is thin after their ace. Also their bench is a bit thin. Iran doesn't have enough thump in their lineup but I understand they are developing that in the minors. Iraq has a lot of guys that can get on base but no one to drive them home. The Saudi's seem to be happy putting any old team on the field and just raking in the gate receipts. I guess I'll go with Israel.

You got 'er, Chief! :thumbsup:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Obama keeps supporting the oddest groups, terrorists, radicals, caliphate supporters. But now people that are pro lice...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Obama keeps supporting the oddest groups, terrorists, radicals, caliphate supporters. But now people that are pro lice...

It's not just Obama, remember not long ago when McCain was over there meeting with terrorists/kidnappers?

I got nothin on the pro lice movement

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are no winners in the Syrian conflict. No good guys.

The party in power has its roots in nazism. And is a puppet state for Iran. The rebels are al Qa'eda.

But if Obama is wanting to go there, I would suggest that he mandates that his followers be drafted to serve and fight for him.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I figured out who we are supporting, Raytheon, General Dynamics etc. Cruise missiles cost 1.4 million a pop, There's no way in hell anything the cruise missile could damage would be worth 1.4 million dollars to the American taxpayer, let alone the dozens of other sites we'd hit.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hear ya . . . No reason to send the military there . . . especially when it was not sent to Benghazi when our embassy was stormed and our ambassador and other Americans killed.

Ironically enough Benghazi was stormed because it was part of CIA operations shipping weapons from Libya to rebels in Syria. CIA had dozens of agents running around Benghazi at the time.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The only reason for us to do anything in syria, is to destroy assad's stash of chemical weapons. That he's using WMDs now seems to indicate that he might be "on the ropes" in which case the al queda islamo-nazis might get their hands on them. Can you imagine NYCs subway system full of sarin gas? they can. As for taking sides, let them kill each other.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    AA+-+One+Good+Side.jpg

Top Bottom