who has experience with the mora companion model/series/whatever?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I just ordered a mora companion mg carbon on ebay, and, other than the fanfare surrounding the mora knives among bushcrafters, I can't seem to find much about that particular model. It cost me an arm and a leg, (16 whole dollars shipped) so I'm hoping I didn't squander my retirement fund for nothing. Lol

Realistically, it's carbon steel, and appears that it'll make a great backup to my esse3 on the short (<5 day) backpacking trips I go on ocassionally with friends, buuuuuut I'm impatient and the stock photos can only tell me so much.

Anybody have any experiences with the companions?

Thanks in advance,
    -Devon

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    I have the companion in stainless with the orange handle. I bought it to stick in my "urban" bag, so it would be hi-vis. I haven't used it for anything yet but I will have to say I like it. It feels good in my banana hands. I got mine for $12 at Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I would like to get one in O.D

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I was at the knife works recently (have family in the area) and completely forgot to see if they had moras. Glad to hear it seems like a nice knife.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Some years back, I purchased a Mora (711?) in stainless. I liked the Mora so well that I now have at least 6 in SS and carbon, and have bought many more as x-mas presents over the years.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I have a few in stock right now. First time I have carried them. I am anxious to see how well they sell and how often they are looked at.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Anyone have pictures? I've heard of these before but don't know much about them. I hear they are dirt cheap for what they can do.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'll be sure to post photos of mine when I get it and am able to use it a bit.

Which ones do you carry and what's the pricing, knifelady? I may be after some more and would prefer to buy 'em local, but I didn't know anybody that carried them.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Anyone have pictures? I've heard of these before but don't know much about them. I hear they are dirt cheap for what they can do.

I'll be sure to post photos of mine when I get it and am able to use it a bit.

Which ones do you carry and what's the pricing, knifelady? I may be after some more and would prefer to buy 'em local, but I didn't know anybody that carried them.

:popcorn: I've wanted one for a while as well, I guess I need to be at Brad and Knife Ladys table early tomorrow!:D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the reason bushcrafters like them is they are great for working with wood and that comes down to it's scandi grind. people have been using them for actual furniture type woodworking forever, they bite easily and deeply into wood when push cutting. also sharpening them in the field is much easier than conventionally ground knives because there is only a single bevel to sharpen.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love the knives. I bought mine at Orion Arms (Kiesler's) in southern Indiana, but glad to know Knife Lady will have them now. They are great for the money and hold their edge well.

Here's my Scout with Stainless blade:

picture.php

And my model 2000 as I think it's called (Ninja Turtle style):

picture.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom