• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I want to know too. Im a huge .22wmr fan and there seems to be so little info about this caliber. I just bought a Savage 93 and I love it. Its like a .22lr on steroids.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have a Savage 93FV in 22wmr, love that rifle. Tack driver for sure. I dont think Ive ever seen a threaded version though, migh be something you have to have done. I wouldnt think it would cost that much to have threaded.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The reason you don't see them threaded is the 22 lr can be slow loaded to under 1000 fps or say 1010 fps so it stays subsonic. They 22 mag is going to crack the sound whip twice, once going over 1100 fps and the second one coming back under 1.100 fps. So the demand is just not as great. Let's face it lots of people buy 22 rimfire and more than 99 % will never thread anything on the end of the barrel.

Few makers do the threading themselves also . I think savage has the mark II fvsr and trsr. Other than that you go to custom shop stuff.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    The reason you don't see them threaded is the 22 lr can be slow loaded to under 1000 fps or say 1010 fps so it stays subsonic. They 22 mag is going to crack the sound whip twice, once going over 1100 fps and the second one coming back under 1.100 fps. So the demand is just not as great. Let's face it lots of people buy 22 rimfire and more than 99 % will never thread anything on the end of the barrel.

Few makers do the threading themselves also . I think savage has the mark II fvsr and trsr. Other than that you go to custom shop stuff.

Yes sir. I've got a couple toys that make the sound more tolerable so I'd love to have a plinker 22mag too. My toys are for bigger calibers but they do pretty decent on 22lr. too.

The 22WMR round is a decent round though; and, I'd love to see Savage make a bolt gun that is threaded...I'm sure I'm not the only one too.

Top Bottom