• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have Oakley flak jackets. I've been really happy with them.

On a side note... Lanter Eye Care in Indy is terrible. I asked them to remake my glasses and re-check my prescription, but they never were right. Ossip, on the other hand, did a great job.
    I'm heading back to Ossip next week for my annual exam. I was thinking about getting another pair of shooting glass. My Oakley's are tinted, I'd like to get some clear ones too. May just get another set of inserts, or go with another pair of something else entirely.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I am getting tired of my son out shooting me. Dang those young eyes!

You don't mention what type of shooting, but there are several options for improving your vision, besides prescription shooting glasses. Wearing prescription glasses behind shooting glasses is one option. A pinhole aperture that attaches to the lense of your shooting glasses is great for handgun shooting, Merit Corp. makes an optical attachment for your glasses VIA for AR-15/A2 . Blinders can help, by blocking the view around you and making you focus more on the target and your sights. And there is that other option, maybe it's not your eyes, maybe your son is just a better shooter. :D

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I am getting tired of my son out shooting me. Dang those young eyes!

No idea where you live nor how far you'd be willing to drive, but Columbus Optical (on 25th Street in Columbus) puts out excellent products. They have the latest equipment, do all work on site and give outstanding service.

rlett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Oh 686 you hit the nail on the head. My son is the better shooter. We mostly shoot handguns at a friends range.

rlett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Kagnew I dont live far from
    columbus I will check that out.

You guys are the best!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Kagnew I dont live far from
    columbus I will check that out.

You guys are the best!

Tell Charlie Oliver (the owner) or his son, John, that you heard all about the super-dooper German lens machine which he bought from Tyler Eifert's dad. He'll know who sent you! :D

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i bought some wiley x pt-1 glasses that had RX inserts and i did not like them at all. the insert was too close and when shooting they would fog up really quick. they are similar to oakley m jackets the way they are set up but cheaper. i returned them and ordered some wiley x gravity frames with precription lenses. depending on how strong your prescription is you may have limited options like me. i am a combined power of
    -7.25 in my left eye and -5 in my right eye. the gravity frames have a new RX rim design that allows them to have a stronger prescription. most oakley and wiley frames can only go +2 to -2/-4.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    When I get a new set of prescription glasses, I usually get a poly carbon lenses. Cost a little bit more but well worth it. Most eyeglass places offer this. I use America's Best

Top Bottom