• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This ain't Ohio.

Ohio sucks for many reasons, one being that signs carry the force of law.
    I go to Ohio a lot so it gets confusing. VA Cincinnati, University Hospital etc both are felony carry if caught. My local hospital has no signs but the one in Madison does and I believe Batesville hospital also has a no weapons sign up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So even if a hospital has a no weapons sign up you can still go in with it without being arrested? I ask this because in Ohio that is law and a felony if you do so.
    Depends on the hospital. For instance, Methodist Hospital here in Indy is where they take people in LEO custody, so their no weapons policy is enforced (by a cop manning the metal detector at the entrance to the ER) and carries weight of law. I think it's prohibited in the rest of the hospital as well, just because of that.

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This is kind of off topic , but had a friend who was in a motorcycle wreck and had a pistol legally, the emt’s would not touch him until the police arrived and took possession of the firearm. Needless to say “he died” . Kind of a sore subject about it for me.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Depends on the hospital. For instance, Methodist Hospital here in Indy is where they take people in LEO custody, so their no weapons policy is enforced (by a cop manning the metal detector at the entrance to the ER) and carries weight of law. I think it's prohibited in the rest of the hospital as well, just because of that.

I don't think Methodist has the secure facility needed for it to be a statutory GFZ. That is just their policy that's being enforced. In Indy, I think Eskanazi is the one with the secure facility / GFZ.

That, and any/all VA clinics and hospitals all over the country.

xxxleafybugxxx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Indiana
    What are the regulations on a person who is licensed to conceal carry, but goes to an establishment like a bank that says no firearms on the premises?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What are the regulations on a person who is licensed to conceal carry, but goes to an establishment like a bank that says no firearms on the premises?
    First, welcome to INGO.
    Second, does the state law say anything about those signs? No?

Then carry on, my friend. :thumbsup:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So even if a hospital has a no weapons sign up you can still go in with it without being arrested? I ask this because in Ohio that is law and a felony if you do so.
    Maybe.

If the hospital has a dedicated section for housing prison/jail patients, its unlawful to carry. (sign or not) Eskenazi is an example.
    If the hospital has a LICENSED daycare or preschool on the property, its unlawful to carry due to carrying in a school prohibitions. If a school exists on the property, ALL buildings on the same property are considered the school as well, except when exempted by the recent religious exemptions.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Concealed means concealed. If you are caught by the property owner they will ask you to leave. That is all they can do. (assuming its not illegal for you to carry there)

If you refuse to leave they call the police and have you trespassed. (permanently kicked out) If you still refuse you are arrested for violating the trespass order. (still has nothing to do with firearms)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... And yes, later that night my wife ended up taking me to the hospital claiming I was making incoherent statements.
    Ok, I can't resist: Does she try to take you to the hospital pretty often?
    :lol2::joke:

(but really, head/brain injuries can be tricky and not show up for awhile, so t'was for the best).

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    My sis was in a car accident. She had her gun on her.

When they were letting her out of the hospital. I walked over to the security office and said "I'm hear to get my sisters gun". They asked her name I told him. It was sitting in a cardboard cubby he handed it to me no further questions asked. I walked out with her pistol in my pocket.
    When my son was in a motorcycle accident his gun skittered across the intersection. His Kydex holster snapped. I called the police about getting it back and was told no. It had to be him when he was able.

xxxleafybugxxx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Indiana
    Concealed means concealed. If you are caught by the property owner they will ask you to leave. That is all they can do. (assuming its not illegal for you to carry there)

If you refuse to leave they call the police and have you trespassed. (permanently kicked out) If you still refuse you are arrested for violating the trespass order. (still has nothing to do with firearms)
    Got it. So "No guns permitted" means don't show or tell.
    Now what if you stopped an armed robbery with your CCW, then they gripe at you after the fact for having a weapon? Lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got it. So "No guns permitted" means don't show or tell.
    Now what if you stopped an armed robbery with your CCW, then they gripe at you after the fact for having a weapon? Lol
    No change to my original statement.

They'll either thank you or be a jerk and complain you endangered others and trespass you. You might also get sued by a feckless cowardly security guard for mental anguish even though you saved her life. (like in the Kroger robbery, but thats not exactly apples to apples)

And by "concealed means concealed", I mean dont even print if you are concerned. I'm talking about waltzing into one of those places with a sign while OCing. or sloppy concealed and an employee sees the gun as you reach for the Fruity Pebbles on the top shelf. But frankly, unless you are making a scene or are obvious, 95% of the people out there are clueless or dont care enough to say anything to you. I've only been accosted verbally once, and that was while OCing a 1911. But I digress.

And frankly, if they post such a sign, I'm going to go elsewhere anyway, if possible. If they dont want my business as a lawful carrier, I wont give it to them. :dunno: I'll go somewhere else that doesnt have a sign. (e.g. skip the corporate owned BW3 and go to Hooters)

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Please, remember if you carry in Ohio, When stopped by police you are required to first inform them that you are armed.

Top Bottom