• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Here's my fairly blue worn P7M8 but the bluing on these was pretty fragile to begin with plus it didn't cost me $3K+ either. I'm thinking of getting it brush hard chromed.

wJH3Bd0m.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Here's my fairly blue worn P7M8 but the bluing on these was pretty fragile to begin with plus it didn't cost me $3K+ either. I'm thinking of getting it brush hard chromed.

wJH3Bd0m.jpg
    I second brushed hard chrome for the Die Hard vibes. P7's also look great in general finished with hard chrome.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I bought a P7M8 back in the late 90s. IIRC, I paid $400 for it (about market price at the time). About 15 years later, I sold the empty box for $399 and the manual for $95 on eBay. I still carry the P7M8.

It shoots great. It does get hot when you put a lot of rounds downrange at a time. Realistically, if you managed to overheat it in a firefight you probably need something bigger at that point if you even survived that long. When I'm at the range, I usually have some others I'm shooting as well, so I put a couple mags through it and then shoot something else for awhile.

It has been said that it can be drawn, cocked and fired accurately faster than any other handgun. That is certainly true when I'm shooting one. It still amazes me how natural it is for me to shoot proficiently compared to other handguns. For me, it's a natural pointer.

They are not for everyone. Some people can't seem to get the hang of the cocking mechanism. Usually people either love them or they hate them.

My wife loves them. Before we were married, I let her shoot one of my P7M8s, along with several other handguns. After shooting the P7M8, she said "I like that one, I want one of those". She got mad at me for letting her shoot it after I told her they are no longer made and extremely expensive. A couple years later, I bought her one as a gift. When she saw where the box said "P7", she said "that better be a P7 and not a ring!" Apparently at the time, she would have rather had a P7 than to marry me!

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying one (and HiPowers for that matter) when CDNN investments had them for dirt cheap in the early 2000's. I don't recall exactly as it was about 20 years ago, but I think they were in the $7-800 dollar range. Too bad I was way too much into partying and alot less into shooting and collecting guns...

Top Bottom